Brian.G.Reynolds

« Reply #35 on: Mar 17, 2011, 12:40 pm »

Jon, that is brilliant! I will smile all day after reading that!

Humour is not dead!

B.

« Reply #34 on: Mar 17, 2011, 11:36 am »

Just seen this on Ebay not only is the description brilliant so are the 3 pages of questions

think i best point out i am NOT the Gaz in the story
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

studlyone

« Reply #33 on: Mar 17, 2011, 9:18 am »

Just seen this on Ebay not only is the description brilliant so are the 3 pages of questions
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160559216667#ht_1717wt_1139
That is priceless.

jon.newbould

« Reply #32 on: Mar 17, 2011, 8:57 am »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160559216667#ht_1717wt_1139

:D

Jon Pert

« Reply #31 on: Mar 11, 2011, 11:24 am »

It's already getting a bit 'Minority Report-ish'.

People are hacking the Kinect sensor for use with the PC and Microsoft are now opeing up the technology so people can write programs to exploit the technology. Good on Microsoft I say, unlike Apple that lock everything down tighter than a tight thing that's tight.

Kinect Controls Windows 7

implanecrazy

« Reply #30 on: Mar 10, 2011, 7:56 pm »

It makes you wonder what is next.  This technology is getting beyond me :o

« Reply #29 on: Mar 10, 2011, 1:03 pm »

A Day Made of Glass... Made possible by Corning.

An incredible little film - OK , advertising but just look at the computing power needed to make it as well as the concepts !  A hovercraft cockpit one day??

« Reply #28 on: Mar 05, 2011, 3:09 pm »

My nephew knows the BMX Biker, comes from the Edinburgh area depicted, and watched it being filmed. He is professional and has appeared in TV ads. This is my only claim to fame and to quote Chris Evans "Its a bit tenuous"! :D
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #27 on: Mar 04, 2011, 9:26 pm »

From John Byrne (Vortex owner)currently in Oz, via FaceBook: "We've beat Wales at football, Scotland at Rugby, England at Cricket and very soon we'll beat Poland at emigrating"

Ian, down here where I am we dont have much hurling, but do have a good record in real football, not just the kick around stuff.
As for the bikers, I saw something like it at an earthmoving equipment show a few years ago, they were able to climb over machines and the skill required was fantastic. I'm searching for some video I took but so far cant find it.

Did not some of the first hover events involve precision driving? Completing circuits around cones etc?  Kip help!!

« Reply #26 on: Mar 04, 2011, 8:51 pm »

Define precision.........................Oh hang on, is it the way the Irish bat these days, sorry but we've all become cricket fans today, weird  :) . Ok I'll shut up now

No-one here understands the reference!!!!!

Lets have a hurling competition???

I did - but I'm not English so I'm obviously not that bothered  ;D ;D

Barry Palmer's not quite in the same league... (Sevite joke!)

Yeah -  but he only had one wheel - surely that must affect the lift balance?

« Reply #25 on: Mar 04, 2011, 8:47 pm »

You need to get up here to enjoy some of the scenery from a hover Gavin (remember to bring your bicycle ;D ).

Ah, I can balance my hover on top of a telephone box!  ;D . Actually I've never seen anyone demonstrate precision positioning skill with a hovercraft. Maybe it's just not possible but I'd like to someone try!
Define precision.........................Oh hang on, is it the way the Irish bat these days, sorry but we've all become cricket fans today, weird  :) . Ok I'll shut up now

No-one here understands the reference!!!!!

Lets have a hurling competition???
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #24 on: Mar 04, 2011, 8:44 pm »

Barry Palmer's not quite in the same league... (Sevite joke!)
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

Brian.G.Reynolds

« Reply #23 on: Mar 04, 2011, 9:35 am »

Just watched the film myself, I have to echo Kip's words!

Absolutely brilliant! both the cycling and the film work!

Thanks for that Gavin,

B.

Kip

« Reply #22 on: Mar 03, 2011, 7:41 pm »

Absolutely amazing and beautiful camera work.
I can see why it is James favourite.

Kip

« Reply #21 on: Mar 03, 2011, 6:25 pm »

You need to get up here to enjoy some of the scenery from a hover Gavin (remember to bring your bicycle ;D ).

Ah, I can balance my hover on top of a telephone box!  ;D . Actually I've never seen anyone demonstrate precision positioning skill with a hovercraft. Maybe it's just not possible but I'd like to someone try!