« Reply #1393 on: Aug 28, 2015, 10:59 am »

My craft has been in a so called mates barn for months, so we could move house. Now he refuses to let me come and pick it up. He thinks its funny im getting so stressed out about getting it.
I'm sure he's doing it because he thinks its funny. He's no longer a friend of mine!

Check with a solicitor. It's your property and you almost certainly have the right to go and collect it, even to break in and get it. But do check with someone who really knows what they are talking about before doing anything rash! I bet a solicitors letter would resolve the situation (and wipe the smile off his face)
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #1392 on: Aug 28, 2015, 8:49 am »

Jon and Gaz
Ouch. That smarts. I think we've all been LET DOWN at some stage and all the more sad when you thought they were "friends".
Just part of my hurt revolved around feeling silly to allow myself to be exposed like that.
All in All tho----- friends make my world spin, so ---
---------------------"Allow for wastage"!-----------------
                                      ::)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #1391 on: Aug 28, 2015, 8:40 am »

Seems to be the month for losing friends  >:(  I just severed my friendship with a long term (20+ years) so called mate who stole from me  :(  when I confronted him and said there were two eye witnesses that saw him remove the items from my garage and put them in the back of his car when I went indoors he still denied it  :-X . I dont need friends like that.

Many moons ago a wise old gent told me " Never make friends with anyone you wouldn't trust your house keys with" how true.
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

« Reply #1390 on: Aug 28, 2015, 6:37 am »

My craft has been in a so called mates barn for months, so we could move house. Now he refuses to let me come and pick it up. He thinks its funny im getting so stressed out about getting it.
I'm sure he's doing it because he thinks its funny. He's no longer a friend of mine!

« Reply #1389 on: Aug 26, 2015, 1:24 pm »

Sea Badger spotted on the River Tamar...
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

« Reply #1388 on: Aug 26, 2015, 8:59 am »

Pot canoodles just get BETTER------
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #1387 on: Aug 26, 2015, 8:55 am »

MAN PAN.

Kip

« Reply #1386 on: Aug 25, 2015, 9:09 pm »

Quite right Tom, but boy do they do the job.
Kip

« Reply #1385 on: Aug 25, 2015, 8:50 pm »

Colbalt  drills  are very  good  but you  must  drill  at  a  slow  speed  with  lubricant  on Stanles  Steel  or miled  steel.

« Reply #1384 on: Aug 25, 2015, 8:33 pm »

Colbalt drills, Definitely the best!! I doubt if Aldi drills are ground or even HSS (high speed steel)  cheaper drills tend to 'wander' and not always produce perfectly sized holes (for accurate work) also the flutes do not always clear away the swarfe.
Just my thoughts!

« Reply #1383 on: Aug 25, 2015, 8:25 pm »

A still bit lasts as long as its long enough to keep sharpening

« Reply #1382 on: Aug 25, 2015, 7:21 pm »

Aldi drills are good too ... not sure they are cobalt but they last longer than most others I've tried....

Kip

« Reply #1381 on: Aug 25, 2015, 7:04 pm »

I have just discovered the magic of Cobalt drill bits.
Why Oh Why did it take me so long to use them!!!
If you want a really useful pressie this Xmas get your family to buy you a set.
They just knock any other type of drill bit out of the ring.
Kip

Kip

« Reply #1380 on: Aug 24, 2015, 6:23 am »

Much obliged.
 Cheers

gavinparson

« Reply #1379 on: Aug 24, 2015, 6:13 am »

Can someone please remind me how to shrink a pic to be accepted on our forum.

Merci Blonk,
Kip

Open it in Paint on a PC and click resize. Select 800 pixels wide (or 1000 can bring it within the Mb limit). Save it as a new file and upload that.