« Reply #1313 on: May 04, 2015, 7:04 pm »

Hovercraft on the roads???? I feel they have dubious advice ... there's a small issue called "camber", and thats if you overlook the absence of anything resembling brakes.

On the Trent, now that I can see, so long as the speed limit is waived.

Ian
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #1312 on: May 04, 2015, 7:00 pm »

Yes I kept pinching myself whilst checking the Calendar for 01-04-15. Clearly it ISNT a wind up but sure feels like one. How it can EVER deliver faster than a high powered motorbike allowed to go down bus/taxi lanes is beyond my ken.
This is a Scottish phrase which can be Googled if necessary.  ;)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

Kip

« Reply #1310 on: May 02, 2015, 12:56 pm »

You cannot beat a good free flowing discharge of air in the nether regions.
Kip

That will be a massive improvement in the thrust-lift balance.
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #1309 on: May 01, 2015, 7:33 pm »

Me neither.

« Reply #1308 on: May 01, 2015, 7:25 pm »

I never knew that laser stood for  light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation.

Kip

« Reply #1307 on: May 01, 2015, 6:58 pm »

You cannot beat a good free flowing discharge of air in the nether regions.
Kip

« Reply #1306 on: May 01, 2015, 6:24 pm »

WoW---
IF anyone out there has one----Do the plastic Hovpods have similar small skirt feeds, as the material is well strong enough to increase feed holes.
Well spotted Kip.
Will you be charging extra for "skirt cushion maximisation"? 8)

Kip

« Reply #1305 on: May 01, 2015, 7:36 am »

I have just repaired a GRP Hovpod with frontal damage.
I noticed that it had 21 0ff 3ins holes in the front and 41 off 1 inch holes everywhere else.
A 1inch hole = 0.8 sq/ins x 41=32inches
Combined there is a total escape area of 1.3 sq/ft which is woefully inadequate.
I would advise any Hovpod owner to check what they have on their craft.
I think the owner will be suprised how well it lifts with 62 off 3ins holes!
Kip

« Reply #1304 on: Apr 18, 2015, 9:41 pm »

Today :........

The coastguard had to be called out after 15 people got stuck in mud while taking part in a hi-tech seaside treasure hunt.

A lifeboat, two helicopters, coastguard teams and a fire service hovercraft joined the rescue operation after eyewitnesses reported people in difficulty at Wood Spring Bay in Clevedon, North Somerset.

Two of those stranded were airlifted to shore by the coastguard helicopter, 11 others were able to make their own way back and two decided to remain on scene.

The group been geocaching, which uses a mobile phone signal to hunt for buried treasures.

Roger Reed, senior maritime operations officer for HM Coastguard said: "The report came to us at just after midday today that 15 people were stuck in the mud and needing assistance.

"We have since discovered that they were undertaking the hobby of geocaching. This was in an extremely dangerous place and we would not encourage others to search in these areas because there are complex tidal patterns and deep mud.

"We would encourage all groups who are undertaking activities such as these to contact us with details of their event so that we have all of the information that we need to ensure the safety of those involved."

Two motorcyclists raised the alarm at midday on Saturday after spotting the people stranded in mud.

Clevedon Lifeboat attended, the coastguard helicopter from Portland, a search and rescue helicopter from RAF Chivenor, the Portishead RNLI inshore lifeboat and teams from the Weston-super-Mare and Portishead Coastguard Rescue and the Somerset Fire and Rescue Firefly Hovercraft all attended the scene.

« Reply #1303 on: Apr 18, 2015, 6:17 pm »

My THAT is not cheap--- :o
Or a hovercraft?----

« Reply #1301 on: Apr 17, 2015, 10:11 pm »

The price appears to be flexible from what I've heard. I'd love to see it in operation ... Could be alright as long as you don't mind sitting on top of the lift engine.  Mind it does have "reconditioned" engines wonder what happened to them?
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #1300 on: Apr 17, 2015, 10:03 pm »

Plus vat, lol

Kip

« Reply #1299 on: Apr 17, 2015, 9:35 pm »