« Reply #905 on: Feb 06, 2014, 9:34 am »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Law of Logical Argument-Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Philip,,,, that's explains so MUCH about me   !    ;)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

implanecrazy

« Reply #904 on: Feb 06, 2014, 9:22 am »

It's probably me riding it harder than its supposed to be riden :-X   I'm not happy unless I am hanging off the bike at some rediculous angle going round corners.  At the end of the day they are a grandads touring bike that weighs a third of a ton.  It's nice to ride in a straight line, just not much fun on the twisty bits

« Reply #903 on: Feb 06, 2014, 9:04 am »

You mean to say the suki handles worse than a K1100 :o   I hate to think how many times I have had to slam my foot on the road to save myself from sliding down the tarmac, because the front slides out from under me mid corner.

Sounds like something wrong to me, tyres, suspension - somethings not right, they just don't do that.......
Russ..

« Reply #902 on: Feb 05, 2014, 10:52 pm »

Law of Gravity - Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, rolls to the least accessible corner.

Law of Probability- The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Law of Random Numbers - If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal and someone always answers.

Supermarket Law - As soon as you get in the smallest line, the cashier will have to call for help.

Variation Law - If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will always move faster than the one you are in now.

Law of the Bath - When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone rings.

Law of Close Encounters - The probability of meeting someone you know increases dramatically when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with.

Law of the Result - When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't work, it will.

Law of Biomechanics -The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach. (I like this one Smile )

The Coffee Law - As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your spouse will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.

Law of Physical Surfaces -The chances of an open-faced jam sandwich landing face down on a floor, are directly correlated to the newness and cost of the carpet or rug.

Law of Logical Argument-Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Brown's Law of Physical Appearance - If the clothes fit, they're ugly.

Wilson's Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy -As soon as you find a product that you really like, they stop making it.

Doctors' Law- If you don't feel well, make an appointment to go to the doctor, by the time you get there you'll feel better.. But don't make an appointment, and you'll stay sick

implanecrazy

« Reply #901 on: Feb 05, 2014, 8:20 pm »

You mean to say the suki handles worse than a K1100 :o   I hate to think how many times I have had to slam my foot on the road to save myself from sliding down the tarmac, because the front slides out from under me mid corner.

I definetely wont be buying another beamer

« Reply #900 on: Feb 05, 2014, 8:04 pm »

That is one of the best engines the Japanese ever made (my opinion  ;D of course!). I had a  1981 TR1 - the road bike version.

It was a superb bike, masses of stomp from almost no revs - overtaking was a doddle on this machine. It handled competently and predictably and was comfortable for a 500 mile stint.  I loved it, had it for years. In the end, it gave its all on the autobahn, 300 miles at 100mph ... it limped back the UK and that was the last time it moved. I'd have another anyday. Beats the hell out of the Suzuki VX800 I've got - which is spectacularly horrible, the worst bike I've ever owned and that list includes a a Jawa 350!!!

Ian
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

implanecrazy

« Reply #899 on: Feb 05, 2014, 10:18 am »

I'll look after it for you Kip  ;)

Kip

« Reply #898 on: Feb 05, 2014, 9:13 am »

My new toy which I love to bits.
I will try not to fall off this one as it's a lot heavier.
Roll on the sunshine!!

Kip

« Reply #897 on: Jan 22, 2014, 1:35 pm »

Judging by the rear of the first car lifting with the waves, their main problem was buoyancy lifting rear wheels! A write off presumably ref electrics etc, and insurance company would just laugh! Ive been told flooded cars will never be correct again. THEN,,Add in salt,,,,,,,,,,, :-[
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

Kip

« Reply #896 on: Jan 22, 2014, 8:54 am »

Oh! to have been there launching a hovercraft.

Kip

« Reply #895 on: Jan 21, 2014, 10:38 pm »

I'm not usually prone to this stuff ..... buuttt...

Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #894 on: Jan 20, 2014, 10:43 pm »

The Americans are also seeing the light when it comes to beer - they have a thriving micro-brewery industry now, and good interesting beers can usually be had has these days ... which is at least slight compensation for hours sat in an aeroplane
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #893 on: Jan 20, 2014, 9:34 pm »

Yep- and american beer isn't beer either  ;)

« Reply #892 on: Jan 20, 2014, 9:09 pm »

Mr O'Bama did not drink beer in this pub, I'm disappointed with you lot, its not a beer its a stout!

« Reply #891 on: Jan 20, 2014, 8:52 pm »

Does it serve "american" beer

This is american "beer" :'(
Mike S