« Reply #1295 on: Apr 17, 2015, 10:56 am »

Well im heading out to fit a new sump on my van Kip as i cant afford to buy a new van , Im one of the small guys in the building trade but that does mean I supply iffy goods or jobs to my customers , If you look after your customers they will keep coming back and using your services again . one hit wonders in the building trade are called cowboys , what are the called in the hovercraft industry ?  being a small company does not give them the right to sell something that has not been properly developed .sorry its just the way i look at the world as i have seen to many people get involved in hovercraft and then go with a bad feeling because the machine they ended up with was flawed .

« Reply #1294 on: Apr 17, 2015, 9:59 am »

...build it and flog it and let the punter find out what the bad bits are

.... sounds like a big US software developer .............. :-X

Kip

« Reply #1293 on: Apr 17, 2015, 8:17 am »

Maybe they are just little guys trying to make a living as best they can.
I know having been there.
Can't stop. Off to polish my Ferrari for my trip to Monaco.
Kip

« Reply #1292 on: Apr 16, 2015, 11:16 pm »

Kip
 Griffon Ian and John are in a different league to the manufacturers of small cruising hovercraft in the uk as they are prepared to do lots of development work before a machine is released for sale to the public unlike most of the people involved making machines here ...build it and flog it and let the punter find out what the bad bits are is the usual from what i have seen over the last 14 years of taking a interest in the sport ..

Kip

« Reply #1291 on: Apr 16, 2015, 6:08 am »

Amazing machine put together by great guys I wish them well.
As for the totally unrelated topic of hovercraft development
 Griffon, Ian, John and others should be ashamed of themselves.

What gives with the negativity???  ???
Kip

« Reply #1290 on: Apr 15, 2015, 11:02 pm »

stuff hovercraft and its lack of development these guys built this in a matter of months  ;) ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrF_ae_8BAo

« Reply #1289 on: Apr 15, 2015, 8:02 pm »

Tonight on discovery. 9pm.
What could possibly go wrong. Home built hovercraft ?....

« Reply #1288 on: Apr 04, 2015, 11:36 pm »

Is anyone still supplying fibreglass tanks in new craft these days ? , my tank failed as well after i left it full for a few years after the last engine failure ..been using the fuel that was in it to cut the grass for 5 years now  ;)
it blistered at the top front lhs and starter weeping.

Kip

« Reply #1287 on: Apr 04, 2015, 9:55 pm »

Could have been both as it ran under a GRP built in tank that was falling apart.
External blisters you could push a screwdriver straight through with little effort.
2 craft with desperately failing GRP tanks.
Kip

« Reply #1286 on: Apr 04, 2015, 9:38 pm »

That doesnt look like water damage to me ... Looks like its been in a solvent? Could it have been sitting in petrol?
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

Kip

« Reply #1285 on: Apr 04, 2015, 7:20 pm »

Doing a repair job on a craft produced by "The largest manufacturer of small hovercraft in the world"
How not to run wires and what happens to a battery earth cable totally immersed in water for 3 years.
Kip

« Reply #1284 on: Apr 04, 2015, 7:06 pm »

yep ---or was that my wishful thinking again? ;)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

Kip

« Reply #1283 on: Apr 04, 2015, 6:59 pm »

Was there a nude bit??
Kip

« Reply #1282 on: Apr 04, 2015, 6:51 pm »

MY John, thats priceless! I understand, not all of the content, but i DO understand that my IT knowledge needs work----
Ive just gone over to Apple which does not seem to need resizing, as it loads up anyway.
KIP thanks for that MIME girl you tube thing. They are gorgeous and clearly had a load of fun making that. MOST entertaining, especially the "nude" bit------- :o
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

Kip

« Reply #1281 on: Apr 04, 2015, 6:49 pm »

Ta John
Kip