« Reply #343 on: Jan 26, 2012, 4:25 pm »

seems to be getting a bit heavy.
what did I miss. bigot?....

« Reply #342 on: Jan 26, 2012, 2:45 pm »

We have a facebook page although I'm not on it much.

Glad to see your all playing nicely it makes for a much more pleasant forum  :) .
There's no such thing as bad weather, you're just wearing the wrong jacket!!

Kip

« Reply #341 on: Jan 26, 2012, 1:20 pm »

Thank You Nikki,
Very much appreciated however I think I will still stay away from Facebook.
I am a 75 year old eejit and also like a laugh.
Tried it for 20 minutes and got so many "friends" I pulled out.
Look forward to catching up with you both at the Museum.
By the way. Served in the Army for 3 years. ( Not by choice though)

Kip

nwilkes

« Reply #340 on: Jan 26, 2012, 1:18 pm »

Brian, :)

The amount of respect i have for the Armed Forces greatly outweighs anything else in my life, I am extremely proud that my son is just about to join the navy straight from school !

Our troops, airmen and sailors have been there so many times over the years to protect our country, and showing them the respect they deserve is paramount.

Thankyou all !

Hugz and kisses xxxx

nwilkes

« Reply #339 on: Jan 26, 2012, 1:14 pm »

Hi,

I am on many forums, all over the place for a multitude of subjects, of which i have high regard. I have not come across this on any other forum. I will apologize in public for using the word Bigot, and i never said it was a personal attack, i used the word if, meaning i felt it partially was. Thankyou for clearing this up for me.

Can i just also point out, facebook is well worth you looking into, Its an invaluable tool for marketing these days alongside Twitter allowing you to reach millions in a very short amount of time. I can understand you might feel people are wandering of subject but sometimes that keeps peoples sparks alive.

Life is about happiness , smiles and laughter, being to serious can drive people into a downwards spiral, please humour my mad a zany ways and remember i am a 33 year old crazy woman, who is up for a laugh pretty much 24 /7. ( please no one confuse this with me being stupid - I am far far far from that i can promise you ) !

Kisses and Hugs to you all xxxx

Brian.G.Reynolds

« Reply #338 on: Jan 26, 2012, 1:10 pm »

Blimey Nikki, I have NEVER had that said to me, EVER.

I was and still are nothing, just another chap that signed on the wrong line! (thought I was signing for a bus pass!)

But I get very emotional about our past and present forces members, those that are there so we can say and do pretty much what we like, and I get VERY annoyed when I see people without poppies for remembrance day.

I should also add, not just the forces, many civilians as well.

You will find there are quite a few ex-forces members in the hovercraft world, same sort of deranged mentality I think! And I love them all!

Do not even think of leaving, none of us are perfect and we all have our own little foibles, but when it comes to it, we are a good bunch, always there for each other.

Be good,

B.

Kip

« Reply #337 on: Jan 26, 2012, 1:04 pm »

Nikki,
Why should you think the Face Book was a dig at you.
I was only stating my view.
I was not making a personal attack on you or any one else.
I do not consider myself to be a bigot in any sphere of life and find it hard to accept your response which surely was aimed at me.
I don't think I deserve it.
This is a Cruising Hovercraft club, so surely it is not unreasonable to expect most topics to be relevant.
I  just feel that lately it has been wandering too far away from home.
My post was polite and not meant to cause offence.
Look back a few weeks at the frequency and content of postings and perhaps my concern may be more apparent.

Respectfully,

Kip  :-*

nwilkes

« Reply #336 on: Jan 26, 2012, 12:24 pm »

Just to let you know Brian, I wasn't mad at you at all, I have utmost respect for you as coming from a military / airforce / MOD family I know that you having been there for our country means the world to me. ! Thankyou for being a member of our Armed forces and protecting our rights and civil liberties. ! Hugz xx

KeithWilkes

« Reply #335 on: Jan 26, 2012, 12:11 pm »

There you go Kev :)

nwilkes

« Reply #334 on: Jan 26, 2012, 12:07 pm »

Lol 10 minutes and a copy of the site code and I can do that for you ! Lol .... ! :) hugz xx

kevthehover

« Reply #333 on: Jan 26, 2012, 12:03 pm »

Nikki,

Thought it was refreshing   ....... i just need to find the like button..lol

Kev

nwilkes

« Reply #332 on: Jan 26, 2012, 11:33 am »

Im sorry if posting something light hearted for you all, just as a nice gesture is taken as being such a major issue. I would like to point out that if you stick on the same thing all the time it will become boring. Now.... I did not post this in "technical" in "plans" etc i posted it in General.... I am sad to see that the bigots exist in the hovercraft world as well. Think what you like and say what you like. If the facebook dig was directed at me .. then say it, I can leave.. ! Hugz xxx

Brian.G.Reynolds

« Reply #331 on: Jan 26, 2012, 11:27 am »

Actually Kip I totally understand what you are saying.

Can we perhaps in the future just place "OT" (off topic) in the subject?

I would be happy with that but of course it is up to the group.

I do actually read every post, there is always something of interest even if I do not understand it all!

B.

PS Kip, loved the pictures of your mega-craft recently! Just dying to see it!

Kip

« Reply #330 on: Jan 26, 2012, 10:04 am »

Sorry Brian,
But just lately, for me, this forum is getting to be what I imagine Facebook to be.
I get home from work and wade through too many non hovercraft topics.
 Surely there are other sites that cater for just general chat.
Or at least stick it on "Nowt to do with Owt "

Kip

Brian.G.Reynolds

« Reply #329 on: Jan 26, 2012, 9:32 am »

Brilliant! Made me smile!

Welcome to the club where a large portion of postings are NOT hovercraft related! And I love it, just as it should be.

B.

"at work, should be working"