implanecrazy

« Reply #665 on: Mar 15, 2013, 12:48 pm »

Yep from about 15 minutes it gets interesting  ;) ;D

Kip

« Reply #664 on: Mar 15, 2013, 7:34 am »

I am suprised at myself for having watched a half hour programme on Ballet and sat entranced all the way through.
 A real chill out experience.
Not for everyone I am sure but stay with it and you may be as suprised as I was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmDX_zLusds#

Kip

kevthehover

« Reply #663 on: Mar 14, 2013, 9:48 pm »

« Reply #662 on: Mar 11, 2013, 11:52 am »

!925-  I've got a video of the first actual "proper" helicopter (courtesy of Wouter - hoverholic).
http://www.hovercruiser.org.uk/index.php/video-clips-4/video-clips/26-non-hover-clips
... it's got all of the design features seen in modern helicopters - but maybe not a lot of the safety ones  ???

implanecrazy

« Reply #661 on: Mar 11, 2013, 10:16 am »

Kip

« Reply #660 on: Mar 08, 2013, 7:38 pm »

Quiet here Innit??

Kip

« Reply #659 on: Mar 07, 2013, 11:08 am »

A bike engine I expect, CB500F or something like that.

« Reply #658 on: Mar 07, 2013, 9:31 am »

Anybody seen anything of this hovercraft?
http://airslide.eu/

Wonder which Honda engine they're using?

John Carter
www.hovernut.com
Hoverclub of America, Amphibious Marine & SEVTEC Kits

« Reply #657 on: Mar 07, 2013, 9:28 am »

www.hovernut.com
Hoverclub of America, Amphibious Marine & SEVTEC Kits

« Reply #656 on: Feb 24, 2013, 5:54 pm »

Most people assume the colours were painted, but were ingeniously gel coated colours by masking tape build ups, tho Kip is far too modest to blow his own trumpet!!!! (such a quiet soul one rarely even notices hes there most o the time,,, ;)
I bet you found it difficult "blending in" Gav in France! Never knew youd been there. Thought they banned H/C after my Loire visit around Samur about 1985! See "Loire Loiterings" (my article written for HCGB)
Which picture most approximates your present appearance?
Your signature pixie? OR the strapping young thing on the craft? When I sport a beard nowadays, so-called friends refer to me as "Capt Birdseye". So unkind,,, :-\ gnf
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

gavinparson

« Reply #655 on: Feb 24, 2013, 4:40 pm »

Pauls union jack craft I believe had one of the earlier small ducts on which SURE hovered well, just like Dave Ibbotsons. Mine was the larger quieter duct, (perhaps more thrust) but never quite hovered on her tips. Perhaps I weighed too much? ;)
I used to polish her at week ends. Sad? Certainly not, as it made me (and my neighbours) smile. :D

I bought that Union Jack Kestrel as a bare hull in 1984. I had to re-bottom it at Kip's old works at Bolney Grange, then fitted a Yamaha bike engine. See attached pic.

With hindsight I can't believe I cruised that craft on the Medway and on the Loire. That was the one that capsized on me in the middle of the river.

« Reply #654 on: Feb 24, 2013, 3:54 pm »

Al! Ive been famous for years ;)
I "starred" in SuperGran about 23 yrs ago. I will try to dig THAT out in about 4 wks. Now that WAS fame.  8)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #653 on: Feb 22, 2013, 11:56 pm »

implanecrazy

« Reply #652 on: Feb 22, 2013, 8:54 pm »

Gee Al that was good. I feature @4.56 ish in red Kestrel GT 503 (courtesy of Mr Kip). with matching red over alls for that extra smooth look. NEVER let me down. Keith Oakleys "Spirit of Snodland" (if my memories apply),which I gather is STILL working now, and it was old in 1979!! :D

Fame at last Nick :D

Del Smart

« Reply #651 on: Feb 22, 2013, 8:47 pm »

I wonder who the baby faced kid was standing next to Roy Smart at the briefing? [/size] No idea Kip - no absolutely none lol