implanecrazy

« Reply #695 on: Mar 24, 2013, 10:07 am »

The amount of work involved in designing & building a racing craft from scratch would not make economic sense.  I am surprised though that he isn't running in a formula where he could use one of FF own craft as this would be good advertising.

« Reply #694 on: Mar 24, 2013, 12:34 am »

Trev, its an F2 craft built by Jos Vanderhoven, powered by a GSXR 600 engine for thrust. Akrapovic is the make of exhaust silencer on one or both of the engines.
It probably won't plough in given that most of the newer designs of twin engine racing craft rarely do and its got a fair bit of rear end weight. I believe he plans to race it in both the UK and European series.
I suspect that as FF don't manufacture racing craft Russ has decided to buy a proven craft for his chosen formula, and then use his facilities to modify it to suit him, as there isn't really a market for racing craft.
HTH.
Russ..

« Reply #693 on: Mar 23, 2013, 11:23 pm »

Hover that does not plough in; is that not an Ekranoplan?  :D

« Reply #692 on: Mar 23, 2013, 11:06 pm »

Some of you may already know this information,,

I was just reading on FB that Russ has been over the channel to buy himself a competitive F1 Akrapovič racing hover that allegedly does not  plough in!!

Is it so he can be competitive against the UK competition ??

Sad day when the UKs self confessed largest light hover manufacturer has to go abroad to buy a hover to try to beat the UK designed machines.

« Reply #691 on: Mar 21, 2013, 10:00 pm »

Thats the second time Emma has been on tv in the last 2 weeks talking fish  ;) and Russ is nowhere to be seen  ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Cepuy6kSM#ws

« Reply #690 on: Mar 21, 2013, 9:53 pm »

Should give them the money to get the BBV 6 now  BBV 500 back in action, anybody know anything about the Verner VM133 engine they are using?

implanecrazy

« Reply #689 on: Mar 21, 2013, 7:22 pm »

I hope it works out for them. 

Kip

« Reply #688 on: Mar 21, 2013, 6:29 pm »

What's new in the news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg82eqVa6Rg#ws

Kip

« Reply #687 on: Mar 19, 2013, 12:33 am »

A little tribute to Frank Thornton who died yesterday .loved this program when I was a kid although most of it went right over my head at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FN4VFowTus#

Kip

« Reply #686 on: Mar 17, 2013, 5:37 pm »

Just nicked this from Martin Dougalls Facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJmjIOrimNU#ws

Cheers Martin

Kip

Kip

« Reply #685 on: Mar 17, 2013, 9:20 am »

So when you reach 40 you will have an alternative career open to you.
Kip ;)

« Reply #684 on: Mar 17, 2013, 4:15 am »

Kip, about that video....reminds me of some of the positions I used to have to squirm into in order to perform maintenance on the Trident Submarine.  You know, the ones Engineers said 'looks good in the drawings!'  But nevertheless, located in some almost inaccessible space in the 'as-builts.'

John Carter
www.hovernut.com
Hoverclub of America, Amphibious Marine & SEVTEC Kits

Kip

« Reply #683 on: Mar 16, 2013, 9:24 pm »

Trev, Sending you a PM
Kip

« Reply #682 on: Mar 16, 2013, 8:06 pm »

Can we drop this one and change the subject please guys ?  Life is too short!  Thanks.

« Reply #681 on: Mar 16, 2013, 7:31 pm »

Procrastinate that's a good word Gaz :P   my hover is getting one more attempt to see if I can make it better and more reliable than before , If I fail this time its getting crushed as I would not try and pull the wool over anyone  eyes out there by trying to sell it if it was less than perfect in my view.

Yes just as well we are all different Nick the world would be a dull place if we were all the same.

Kip I picked choice B after receiving a few messages last night from 2 members who asked why you had posted that video of a bunch of ballet dancers with their boobs out.. they appear to be as uncultured as me, luckily we are in the minority then.

PS are you insinuating I have personally attacked you on this site ?? if so state your grievances and we will clear this up online so everyone knows what has been said .