« Reply #2225 on: Mar 13, 2021, 9:12 pm »

Paypal wont be of much use as protection, as what will probably happen is that they will send something to you that doesn't resemble the actual item, but maybe a nut or something worthless but will be mentioned very discreetly somewhere in the listing, so once the item arrives, you obviously not happy with it and put a claim in to Paypal, Pay pal won't reimburse you because they have sent you something.  Complete scam.  I got caught out a couple years ago with a so called drone, got sent a kiddies toy aeroplane but I didn't have a leg to stand on as pay pal sided on the scammers because they so called sent me what they advertised, but in reality it was nothing like what the video advertisement showed.

Send me the money if you don't want it  ;D [size=78%]  [/size]

« Reply #2224 on: Mar 13, 2021, 3:58 pm »

Looks dodgy!!
Checked Companies House
Only One director  Mrs Lan Qi , with a correspondence address in China!!!
Company has changed its London address twice in two years!!
When you try and access one of its sites its not accessible
The company still shows an old  address!!  -   107-111 Fleet Street, London!!!
Which was changed to 31 Southampton Row.
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2021, 4:24 pm by Warby »

« Reply #2223 on: Mar 13, 2021, 12:18 am »

I was tempted as they allegedly take PayPal which would protect you!  I suspect the site is just an email-harvesting exercise (there are quite a few very similar-looking shop sites like it) - I can't see any other point to it (unless people are daft enough to give card info!).

« Reply #2222 on: Mar 12, 2021, 9:05 pm »

It’s not the £30 it’s the handing over of card details!
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #2221 on: Mar 12, 2021, 6:39 am »

So who's going to be first to risk their £30?
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

« Reply #2220 on: Mar 11, 2021, 11:26 pm »

Hmmmm .... supposed to be designed to survive a 4x proof load. Reckon that would cope with 12 tons? Nope, nor do I!
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #2219 on: Mar 11, 2021, 1:48 pm »

Allegedly rated at 6600lbs. 

However, it's almost certainly a dodgy web site - for starters the "usual" price for scissor lifters is £500-1400+.  That plus the worldwide carriage charge of £5 on a 45Kg part makes me pretty certain you wouldn't see either the goods or your money again!
Looks that way :) :)

« Reply #2218 on: Mar 11, 2021, 12:03 pm »

https://www.balmyty.com/Car-Tools-p306451080

I wonder how sturdy this is? It would lift my craft perfectly.

Allegedly rated at 6600lbs. 

However, it's almost certainly a dodgy web site - for starters the "usual" price for scissor lifters is £500-1400+.  That plus the worldwide carriage charge of £5 on a 45Kg part makes me pretty certain you wouldn't see either the goods or your money again!

« Reply #2217 on: Mar 11, 2021, 7:51 am »

https://www.balmyty.com/Car-Tools-p306451080

I wonder how sturdy this is? It would lift my craft perfectly.

« Reply #2216 on: Mar 02, 2021, 9:44 pm »

A lot of you probably know I have Meneire's disease which has played havoc with my life over the past five years or so.  I could just accept it and let it control my life, but although known cure it can mostly be managed.  I do get the vertigo attacks but my main issue from this condition is with my balance.  I have to concentrate on what I'm doing when walking and doing simple things like that, that we normally wouldn't have to think about.  Anyway cut a long story short last year I started to do some motor bike trials.  My way of thinking is that it's all about balance, so it can only help with balance training for the Meniere's.  For the most part it does help, and on the bike I get on better than I do on my feet when having a flare up.  One thing that become very apparent riding a trials bike was how unfit I had become.  Lock down has meant that we're not allowed to ride the trials bikes and of course club trials have been cancelled.   

Back in January I decided I needed to get fitter  for riding the trials bike and it wouldn't hurt me to lose a few inches around my waist, so I bought a mountain bike and started to cycle a few miles.  Long time since I had pedaled a bike any distance.  A few weeks after I bought the bike, I saw an advert to do a virtual coast to coast bike ride to raise money for Diabetes UK.  I'm not diabetic, but several close family members are and of course in my job, I have seen what a nasty condition it can be.  So I decided that I would cycle 220 miles during the month of April in aid of Diabetes UK.  220 miles doesn't sound that many miles until you try cycling them.  I'm sure the roads around my way have sprouted hills, they always seemed flat in a car or on the motor bike.  In January I managed to cycle 100 miles.  February I managed to cycle 170.7 miles.  I have set a target of 200 for March, then hopefully do 220 + miles in April.  With my job, when on shift I don't get evenings off as on cal, so in April I only have 14 days that I'm not working to manage to cycle the 220 miles.  Again that only equates to about 15 miles a day, but they still have to be done, rain or shine.

You can follow my progress on my fb page or on my diabetes uk just giving page.  fb page is here: [size=78%](2) Al Wilkins | Facebook[/size]  My just giving page is here: [/size][size=78%]Support Alan in UK Wide Cycle Ride (diabetes.org.uk)[/size]

« Reply #2215 on: Feb 18, 2021, 11:03 pm »

I had mine last Saturday, no side affects experienced, so I'm happy.  If I hadn't watched the guy stick the needle and vaccine in. I wouldn't have known it had been done, I couldn't even see where the needle had gone in.  My colleague had hers the same time as me, and she still feels off, after having a couple rough days starting 12 hours after having the jab.  I know several people that have had a rough time from the side affects of the vaccine, with plenty of others having few or like myself no side affects from it.

I say the the people that have had a rough time after the vaccine, just imagine what C19 would have done to you if your reacting that bad to a dead look alike virus

It's great that the UK are firing through the delivering the vaccines and hopefully the UK will start to get back to some sort of normality during the next year or so

« Reply #2214 on: Feb 18, 2021, 7:40 pm »

Glad your mum had a good experience too.
Yep hopefully things will improve this year, she's back for her second in a month. My mother in law out near. Rough Point of hover fame is getting hers delivered tomorrow.

« Reply #2213 on: Feb 18, 2021, 7:33 pm »

Glad your mum had a good experience too.

« Reply #2212 on: Feb 18, 2021, 7:21 pm »

Well it’s not often I say this, but Wow.
I’ve just been for my COVID jab.
Talk about slick. My local NHS hub, people there to help you at every step.
Jab...hardly felt anything.
In and out in less than 10 mins.
Britain better than nearly anywhere else for a change.
Same experience today for my mother🇮🇪

« Reply #2211 on: Feb 18, 2021, 12:21 pm »

Well it’s not often I say this, but Wow.
I’ve just been for my COVID jab.
Talk about slick. My local NHS hub, people there to help you at every step.
Jab...hardly felt anything.
In and out in less than 10 mins.
Britain better than nearly anywhere else for a change.