« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2020, 7:05 am »

Mary thought they said stay more than 2000 miles from anyone on the windward side :) . She's standing on part of Rough Point
Just as that quarantined cruise ship goes by...
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2020, 8:36 pm »

Mary thought they said stay more than 2000 miles from anyone on the windward side :) . She's standing on part of Rough Point

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2020, 5:25 pm »

Should add that this pic was taken last Friday (found it on phone) - just in case anyone thinks I'm being irresponsible!

I've moved my craft off the bank, I couldn't trust myself to not take it out, weather good, tides good. Of course, taking it out couldn't possibly put anyone at risk as I would just be going further into isolation, but my craft is rather identifiable and well known in the neighbourhood. The boat on the other hand  ;)
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2020, 2:24 pm »

Should add that this pic was taken last Friday (found it on phone) - just in case anyone thinks I'm being irresponsible!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2020, 9:49 am »

Caravan club sites now closed, but I've noticed Motorhomes are starting to park up in lay-bys around here, which is understandable to be honest.
I Live very near EYAM in Derbyshire, where they FIRST practised social isolation by having food delivered, near to a hollowed out stone, into which they put their money to reduce infection transmission. Even in 1600s they already knew there were invisible aspects to disease, NOT simply assuming that the bubonic plague was passed only by living with each other.

BTW great photo John 8)

Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2020, 10:15 am »

File Name: More isolation
File Submitted: March 23, 2020, 10:15:37 AM

... only other person on the beach (apart from a couple of cattle) was a London refugee (moved up here a week ago with family - almost certainly a wise move!) - kept at the required 2metres+.