« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2020, 8:08 am »

Well done Steve. I knew you had it in you.
You Scottish People are a tough race.  ;)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2020, 6:20 pm »

Nice! It was great hovering weather last weekend, I only wish I could have spent more time out.
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2020, 1:09 pm »

I had a couple of days over at loch Fyne last weekend. Being a passenger in a craft like the explorer is tough. The large windscreen, sprung seat and heater have to be endured as do the terrible ever changing views of mirror like water and low sun vistas.

I got through it, the meal and beer at the Oystercatcher unscathed. Another trip to the brewery miraculously saw money deducted from my debit card and a case of highlander materialise in the Explorer, I did the right thing and brought it home in case it went off.

I piloted the explorer for part of a trip and became the autopilot on others as John did things on his mobile, all good with an added amount of 'chill' included. One trip was for firewood done with clockwork team like precision created out of the many previous firewood collections around the loch.

The weather was kind on Sunday, dreich on Monday, with conditions varying from glass smooth with ice on top to heavy chop, just the usual loch Fyne climate menu.

A great couple of days cobweb removal, not much else to say really other thanks to my host, the Explorer and the loch!
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2020, 2:41 pm by Steve Holland »
There's no such thing as bad weather, you're just wearing the wrong jacket!!