Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2020: Aug 27, 2020 - Sep 12, 2020Please login or register to sign up for this event.

« Reply #17 on: Mar 21, 2020, 1:49 am »

Right now when I'm not "working from home" I'm amusing myself by finally setting up my workshop. , next is the ring main

What is a Ring Main? thanks

« Reply #16 on: Mar 20, 2020, 8:08 pm »

I'll most likely make a decision in consultation with John in 8 1/2 weeks time. Things are changing so fast that who knows what will happen. The word on the street in the Gloucester health care trust is that things may get better in the warmer months and then another peak occurs in the autumn.

Right now when I'm not "working from home" I'm amusing myself by finally setting up my workshop. Theres now a nice new concrete floor and decent lighting, next is the ring main and some posh shelving then I'll have to begin the next project! As long as I can still get deliveries I'll be ok!

Ian

Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #15 on: Mar 20, 2020, 6:19 pm »

I am currently adapting to changes by "masterly disdain" ::)
People are ALREADY crossing the road when they see others walking to the shops etc, so, although
it is "NOT NICE" it is also perhaps necessary.
I think we Hovercrafty types are perhaps better placed than the average as we usually have stuff to fiddle with in the mean time?
I agree with John that matters will evolve and will monitor with each week.
I have renewed my Camping club membership, as that may be important as air travel to sunnier climes appears close to illegal ATM.
A GSOH may be our best approach?
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #14 on: Mar 20, 2020, 1:18 pm »

I was thinking about the campsite, judging by the camping, caravan and motorhome web pages  that I'm on, lots seem to be closing down for the duration and discouraging tourism.  Possible  lack of provisions , pubs, cafes and Restaurants & fuel . ::)
Mike B

« Reply #13 on: Mar 20, 2020, 11:14 am »

Not really possible to make any decisions at the moment.  Provided no travel restrictions are active the event should be viable (and safe - plenty of space up here for distancing).  Only downside is that the pubs/hotels will likely be closed - luckily there is a convenient local brewery!

If anyone doesn't want to attend then that's perfectly understandable - although I suspect that in nine weeks time most people will be desperate for some distraction and  fresh air!

« Reply #12 on: Mar 20, 2020, 12:40 am »

Just wondering what happening to Scottish hovering due to the current virus situation ? can it be delayed till later in the year ?

Mike B

« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 2020, 1:41 pm »

Thanks.

« Reply #10 on: Feb 22, 2020, 3:22 pm »

No Licence needed to take PWC out on the sea & tidal rivers here in the UK Eric, they'll let any idiot take a craft out (and there are more than enough idiots (present company excepted) I can assure you)
Inland waterways are a little more regulated but you still don't need a personal "Licence"
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2020, 1:12 pm »

So..is it official or a club thing? No offence meant.  ;) Do you need a boat licence?

« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2020, 8:48 am »

What does PLS1,,,stand for?   We are required to have a standard boat licence which is issued after a training course & exam. ( Oz ). No radio use is required ,,,thanks.

Pilot License System. Which is really a misnomer, as it's really a confirmation of pilot competence and agreement to operate by the Club code of conduct. But local authorities like the term "licence" so there it is.
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2020, 4:17 am »

Hi, reference licence requirements; What does PLS1,,,stand for?   We are required to have a standard boat licence which is issued after a training course & exam. ( Oz ). No radio use is required ,,,thanks.

« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2020, 6:12 pm »

For newbies (and even "oldbies") it's worth a few minutes looking at the basic training guide (Click HERE).  Also worth applying for a licence or upgrading you existing licence online (HERE) - the questions are a useful knowledge refresher!

This cruise is held in what is basically open salt water - weather conditions can change rapidly for the worse so safety should be everyone's number 1 priority.  The nearest RNLI boat station is around 40 miles from the top end of the Loch - you have almost no chance of professional rescue!

Also worth looking over our engine Marinisation guide - salt water/air will rapidly (sometimes just a couple of days!) kill your craft unless everything is properly protected.
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2020, 7:25 pm by John Robertson »

« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2020, 10:45 am »

Craft reg in "Media".
But, I've tried three times to reg the craft and or post in Gallery etc, but the system simply goes blank.
Try again with a reduced size image (email it to yourself to reduce the size then post the emailed copy).  Maximum image size is 3096 x 2048 pixels.

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2020, 11:44 am »

Craft reg in "Media".
But, I've tried three times to reg the craft and or post in Gallery etc, but the system simply goes blank.
I blame storm Dennis for everything.
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2020, 3:45 pm »

If you haven't registered your hovercraft with the club then please do so (click HERE) - it would be usefull if your call sign and SSR number are known to other attendees on safety grounds.
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2020, 4:43 pm by John Robertson »