orkneymark

Instagram
« on: Sep 21, 2019, 1:30 am »
I'm on Instagram as orkneymark. Install the app to follow my photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=10gy60qeopd6r&utm_content=mzefa

I need to figure out how to upload iPhone photos and videos so they show in full screen and not side on! Have a look at my Instagram page for a few hovering videos and photos . #orkneymark

Kim Taylor

Re: Instagram
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2019, 10:47 am »
Apologies if you already know this Mark but there is a little trick with IOS devices when TAKING the photo with phone or iPad so that it will display the way you intended it on NON IOS devices...
When you take the photo, the "home" button (the recessed physical button on front of device) must be at the bottom of the phone in portrait mode and on the right in landscape mode. This "tells" the device which way you intend "up" to be. The white "soft key" that you touch to actually take the photo will stay in the same position on the screen all the time.
If you are taking a photo at an angle (say 45 degs up or down) the accelerometer in the device can get confused too so you may get odd results...

Hope this helps. :-\

Ronnie L

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2019, 12:12 pm »
Kim
Forgive my ignorance, but IOS device......is that an IPad?
If so what if it is on its side “Landscape” i.e. button on the side.
I have the upside down problem thing.

orkneymark

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2019, 4:46 pm »
Thanks for the advice, I use an iPhone when out and about and iPad at home. I’ll try experimenting, this can’t be hard!

Kim Taylor

« Reply #4 on: Sep 23, 2019, 4:50 pm »

No probs Ronnie,

IOS device is Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod etc - iOS is the Apple operating system for those devices...
On its side - landscape - you want the physical “home” button on the right hand side.

Ronnie L

« Reply #5 on: Sep 23, 2019, 8:58 pm »
That’s good to know

Thanks

Nick Flint

« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2019, 5:56 pm »
Sorry Mark, don't do instagram or Facebook.
Only just got the hang of "radiograms"
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT