« Reply #10 on: Aug 08, 2019, 9:23 pm »

Hi Milty, I have a complete set of skirts ring me on (0151) 605 1447 Alf

I'll call in the morning if that's[/size][size=78%] ok :-)[/size]

« Reply #9 on: Aug 07, 2019, 8:49 am »

Hi Milty, I have a complete set of skirts ring me on (0151) 605 1447 Alf

« Reply #8 on: Aug 07, 2019, 7:50 am »

Good plan.

At the risk of stating the obvious; If you take it on water don't forget safety prevails, have rescue to hand, even on a lake. You will find hovercraft are not an easy craft to row ashore with.  A mate on the bank with a rope and a good throwing arm may help. Your craft may also be short of some well needed floatation so be prepared.

Above all though have fun. It takes very little time to get hooked on our great hobby! Happened to me about 15 years ago :D
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

« Reply #7 on: Aug 07, 2019, 7:24 am »

Cheers guys for your honest views. Luckily I have access to a large country estate (grass and water) as well as many acres at my local rugby club. Both well away from the public :-). The plan was to have a bit of fun, see if it is for me and how I would use it before building a new one.
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2019, 7:38 am by Gaz »

« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2019, 3:36 am »

Hi Phil, as a self confessed "newbie " you may not know of the sometimes highly restrictive, some say draconian rules & regs. that govern the use of hovercraft there & internationally. One of the main perceived problems is noise. Hover makers over the decades has been improving this & have done some fantastic  ::) work & some of the results are amazing. This old craft that you have acquired is totally obsolete & the engine supplied is too small for the job. You will spend years restoring it at $$$$$ expense for zero result. If however you succeed that small fan is a screamer & use of that machine will cause much annoyance & resentment from the public at large. We are very sensitive to this type of thing because of all the crap that has been thrown our way over the years despite the many improvements employed. After a bit of use I fear that you'll become tired of it's under performance & verbal abuse sent your way from Joe Public & abandon it leaving us with the bad will & public relations damage as a result. Please do us all a favour & join our club & avail yourself of the FREE plans on here & the vast & friendly advice from the hover vets. within. Lastly, remove any useful parts & bin the rest. thankyou.   as an Australian we can be called rude at times but really we just call a spade a bloody shovel more times than not.  regards & respects Eric.

« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2019, 12:26 am »

Simple Cyclone .... I think - a good land and inland water trainer but well out of date and highly antisocial for operation in a populated area.

It might struggle with 16 bhp - certainly on grass - the school craft we were operating had 50 and was 'very adequate'.

Also, it MUST have a fan guard before you even start the engine - safety critical !

« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2019, 10:24 pm »

Looks Like a K&M Products Eagle 1 built from plans. http://www.kmproducts.co.uk/eagle_1.htm

« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2019, 6:17 pm »

Hi

I’m sure it’ll be a lot of fun round a local field  :D. I started with a similar sized craft then graduated onwards once I found out that I liked it!

The skirts are easy to make, if you have a sewing machine and a few evenings to spare. Start by taking one of the old ones apart to get the pattern. But a roll of material (lighter the better for this craft) and get started - doesn’t take long! Skirt segments can be bought but probably about £400 for a set so not chea p.

Ian
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2019, 5:58 pm »

Has to be a "Simple Cyclone" by Nigel Beale (could be about 40 years ago!)
(Not this club but the racing club -HCGB)

Engine looks less old!
In my humble opinion very unsuited for open (unprotected) water as these were only for "racing"
when supported by recovery craft, and 25 mph was fast, -- now its nearer 75mph, so wouldn't be popular on the start grid!, and the noise will be very LOUD-----
It will sure get noticed, but not in a particularly good way. Sorry
As you have bought it, there isn't much we can say now without sounding "A little unkind"
We are the Cruising club- HCCUK
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2019, 3:34 pm »

Hi guys, just picked this up (picture attached) The motor is in good condition and runs. However, the skirt needs a little stitch here and there ....
Can anybody provide me with any information on it especially if I can buy the skirt (50+ individual "pockets") anywhere. It's my winter project.
Thanks in anticipation
Phil (newbie)