« Reply #16 on: Aug 20, 2019, 2:28 pm »

I think Ive decide on a name For my new Sevtec Surveyor "DARWIN" because it will eventually live in. Shrewsbury, and I've Evolved from a Flying Fish !!! I THINK??? I've sold my mini Scamp and car trailer . still have to sell my fletcher Arrowflight And of course the Marlin which  whilst was great for learning and plenty of fun on Loch Fyne is now surplus to requirements . Ive bought some new rubber mat tiles for the floor of Darwin . bought a couple of pulleys and need to get to the local vehicle builders for a checker plate offcut to replace the foot operation of the brake  .not manage to source the stainless prop blade tape as advised by Ian and John,  but did spot web site of a company near Warwick that repairs aero props so need to follow that up. Have bought a selection of plastic tool boxes in which to gather useful toolkit, which I was unable to carry in the marlin due to weight restraints  looking  forward to my first session of fettling and maybe flying in September !!

« Reply #15 on: Aug 11, 2019, 10:00 pm »

Its a nice craft, I'm looking forward to seeing it out on the water, currently lying at the Hovtek Minsterworth facility awaiting a nice tide & weather for Mike to take his maiden voyage!

Ian
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #14 on: Aug 11, 2019, 9:54 pm »

Very well Nick, Thanks to Ian's Expert eye and Dave's  previous work to rectify the issues that it had and of course painting a proper Hovercraft colour ! the surveyor is now mine awaiting fettling and flight testing !!!!hopping to meet up with the Other "big Boys " soon!  Now desperately wanting to sell the marlin , fletcher Arrowflight speedboat and mini scamp mk2on trailer  to make room in the unit to store it !!! :-\

Mike B

« Reply #13 on: Aug 11, 2019, 10:56 am »

How did the viewing go Mike?
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #12 on: Aug 08, 2019, 10:32 am »

Oh Great News Mr B.
Everyone will think its an otter!
Good craft and as JR intimates, a swift rewire to club marinisation standards and away yer go!
I'll be thinking.

« Reply #11 on: Aug 08, 2019, 9:31 am »

Hi Nick
I have a viewing on Saturday "Fingarse crust"
Regards mike
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2019, 10:30 am by Nick Flint »
Mike B

« Reply #10 on: Aug 08, 2019, 12:29 am »

Quote JR

[font=]" I looked over the craft about 6 tears ago[/font]"
Not crying over that hover surely............. and stop calling me Shirley...... ;D
A BHC Marlin mk3 and Coastal Pro  Owner

« Reply #9 on: Aug 07, 2019, 12:40 pm »

Ah poo.  ::)
Fingarse crust Mike.

« Reply #8 on: Aug 06, 2019, 7:55 pm »

Howdy Nick
well I've email this afternoon asking for viewing at weekend but be beaten to it so will have to see if first to view will buy ??
Mike B

« Reply #7 on: Aug 06, 2019, 6:06 pm »

I viewed it in Scozzer with JR to possibly buy.
Ebay was around, £3K Mike, but in
last few seconds rocketed to over £7K from my memory
which we ALL know is almost faultless.  ::)
At the time it was simply not worth over £7K.
Good Luck Mike, and howdie!

« Reply #6 on: Aug 06, 2019, 3:11 pm »

Really glad.
Hope it’s everything you want.

« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 2019, 2:50 pm »

Seems cheap.

Is it suitable for Mike Bingham?

Thanks for thinking of me, I have sent a request to seller Dave  to view this weekend if possible

Mike B

« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2019, 9:37 am »

Correction - from looking at old pics it was completed in 2008 so only 11 years old!

The craft was finished to a very high standard by the original builder and no expense spared on using the best components (stainless prop guard. galvanised trailer, etc.)  It was modified from plan to widen the cockpit body and this resulted in stress cracks to the rear deck (overloaded due to the plan deviation)..  Originally it was "fixed" by using wire cables and steel brackets (not with great success I might add).  Looks like it has been properly repaired using stiffener core sections so should be OK now.

I looked over the craft about 6 tears ago and, apart from the structural issue at the time, it looked fairly solid (wiring could have done with some attention but that;'s true of most hovercraft!).

3rd owner (before it was then painted black!).:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0kjEoq9Wb0

« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2019, 11:42 pm »

Craft is around 15 years old and AFAIK hasn't had any serious hours on it so is an absolute bargain at that price.  It's been through four owners that I know of. 

https://hoverclub.org.uk/index.php/topic,6163.msg53260.html#msg53260
https://hoverclub.org.uk/index.php/topic,5873.msg50665.html#msg50665

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sevtec-Surveyor-16-hovercraft/283571256686?hash=item420629fd6e:g:tc4AAOSwEDhdSGa8
... seriously - it's a bargain at that price (usual caveats apply - provided there is nothing seriously wrong with it (like a duff engine, broken prop, etc.).
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2019, 9:02 am by John Robertson »

« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2019, 10:11 pm »

Seems cheap.
Is it suitable for Mike Bingham?