« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 9:56 pm »

There's no alternative for the TS3 because the CofG is too far forward to implement a sev style divider or a kingfisher style divider.

You could probably angle the divider backwards at say 10 degrees to encourage it to folder down neatly.

I don't see how increased lift power will stop it ploughing in.  The plough happens because the craft begins to pitch down as a result of thrust, aerodynamic and hydrodynamic forces and increased lift air flow doesn't affect any of these.

Ian
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 10:19 am »

You may not need the anti plough flap on your TS3 I have the belt on the craft but not in use because I have a bigger  lifte engine it's been up to 47 mph with no problem it's not a a speed I like doing it's there if I need it you may have had problem on your last TS3 with the 13 BHP engine I think you have fitted a 19 BHP lift engine on your now craft  the engine I have for lift the 21 BHP engine  Single cylinder engine hope that helps  Tom .

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 7:55 am »

Are there any other alternatives? 

I found the conveyor belt soon lost its shape and would be curled up under the hull.  Its because the material is stiff and when the craft is not on hover it is sat on the divider.  With the Sevtec divider skirt the fabric is more flexible so it regains its shape.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 11:03 pm »

It would work but will have a very short service life, because it will be very stiff when inflated. Also tricky to trim it to size!
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 8:52 am »

Now thrust frame is just about ready for the galvanizers, I've started to think about anti plough measures.  My last TS3 had the conveyor belt divider skirt, but to be honest I didn't like it, mainly due to the faffing about with the bungees and after a while it tended to not to sit as it should.

I want to fit something as I know the TS3 is prone to plough at 25mph & over and I would like to keep the crown jewels intact  ???

I am considering fitting an inflatable sausage.  What are the pro's & cons of fitting one?