« Reply #8 on: Apr 13, 2019, 12:22 pm »

Beware of use by dates.
PS these often have the YEAR also------
You can store your food in SEALED plazie containers so the firefighter paraffin can permeate and release your bowels into the ether.
Just saying----
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2019, 6:03 pm »

I almost certainly carry way too much stuff - the idea was that I could survive for 3 days in the middle of nowhere (90% of the west coast!) if the weather turned nasty.  Problem now is that if I don't take something I can guarantee I'll need it on the next outing!  The other disadvantages of so much stuff is remembering  what you've got - and then being able to find it!
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2019, 6:21 pm by John Robertson »

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2019, 2:37 pm »

Not my words, read it somewhere so cant take the credit
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2019, 11:43 am »

Oh Gaz this is almost cerebral---- almost! ;)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2019, 7:44 am »

Good luck is when opportunity meets preparation, while bad luck is when lack of preparation meets reality.
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2019, 7:39 am »

Preparation is everything

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2019, 7:33 pm »

So you carry everything including the kitchen sink  :D

« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2019, 7:14 pm »

File Name: Spring clean!
File Submitted: April 11, 2019, 7:14:08 PM

This is the stuff that is carried in my craft (it's always kept in the craft):

Top left to right:
Waders (for water repair in winter!), food box + swing bin, cooking gear/gas cylinder, camping gear (sleeping bag, shower tent, etc.), hat recovery device + vacuum, empty fuel can (to transport fuel to the fixed tank)+hot air gun (skirt repair), rope, walking shoes and lifejacket.

Bottom left to right:
rope+folding bucket+hand pump+skirt material+oil/coolant, leisure battery, air jack+cooler, spares box1/crockery box (all disposable), water container, scissor jack+shopping trolley+toolbox. battery drill-driver, spares box2, oars (useless!), seats, heating oil, shovel+rucksack, rubbish picker, waterproof gear set, axe box with everything from the dash glovebox.
The kitchen sink is permanently fitted!
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2019, 7:21 pm by John Robertson »