« Reply #22 on: Apr 04, 2019, 10:00 am »

The VW decals & stripes of the 1980's & 90's used to be a right pain in the ar*e to remove as they were always very brittle.  Their removal was usually the apprentices job  ;)   ;D ;D

« Reply #21 on: Apr 04, 2019, 7:12 am »

I’m in the vehicle trade, and I’m used to removing stripes etc.
I’ve tried all the methods mentioned except for Eric’s.
These stripes were on another level.
I used hot air gun. You would expect with heat the glue would soften, then you could peel the stripe off....No.
As you try to peel, the stripe is brittle and just break up.
I used a caramel wheel turning slowly in the end, but the time it took to remove them was unbelievable.
Then buff the paintwork.
I was glad when I finished....really glad.

« Reply #20 on: Apr 04, 2019, 2:31 am »

Re; sticker glue removal.  Believe it or not, in 'Strailya,,we use Distilled Eucalyptus Oil,, :o ??? from the cold & flu section,, of a supermarket or chemist.  Works a treat.  Smells great & unblocks your nose by the time you're finished.  ;)

« Reply #19 on: Apr 03, 2019, 6:37 pm »

Try meths to get the old adhesive off - our Land Rover dealer told me that one when I was trying to get the previous owner's blackout film off the Defender windows.

Hot air gun to remove the stickers & as Ross said methalated spirit, thinners (as long as its not painted with cellulose), acetone for the adhesive.

« Reply #18 on: Apr 03, 2019, 6:32 pm »

Try meths to get the old adhesive off - our Land Rover dealer told me that one when I was trying to get the previous owner's blackout film off the Defender windows.

« Reply #17 on: Apr 03, 2019, 3:25 pm »

Nick
What I did was to look at the later models to see what might look better.
The stripe man scanned pictures of my camper in and made what I wanted fit the shape of the camper.
If you would like a set that are exactly the same, I’ll ask him if the pattern in still in his computer.
The most difficult thing is getting the old stripes off, and even more the old glue. It sticks like.....glue.

« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2019, 3:45 pm by Ronnie L »

« Reply #16 on: Apr 03, 2019, 2:14 pm »

Ronnie, your M/H looks ace. Especially like the transfers, (or decals????) and can you please let me know who/what did these for you as MY stripes are well scuffed up due in part to gate posts, (who needs those) and various resprayed aspects due to "rust".
I hope i don't have to pay someone to restripe, as my budget is well knocked up already.
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #15 on: Apr 03, 2019, 10:25 am »

We hired a cottage for Loch Fyne because we planned on taking the TS3, as I wouldn't of been able to tow our Pikey hut and the TS3.  That hasn't gone to plan  >:(   We could of saved ourselves a few hundred quid and took the Pikey hut.  Never mind Karma will prevail ;)   

« Reply #14 on: Apr 03, 2019, 9:44 am »

Hey hey what’s all this Mr Flint and Mr Taylor about hiring a Cottage.
Here am I sorting out our Autosleeper so that I don’t have to hire a Cottage.
And you two are ditching campers and hiring a Cottage......what’s going on??
Just finished ours, tried to update it a bit.
I hope you are all campering at Loch Fyne.

« Reply #13 on: Mar 31, 2019, 10:09 am »

I have booked a six berth cottage lake side for 14th Sept -->21st September morning, (as previously discussed and decided upon).
I hope this IS to be the dates this occurs.
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #12 on: Mar 30, 2019, 4:44 pm »

Is it September now?   Five people are registered for August - might be a good idea to talk to them and update the event dates?

It's still registered as August, but I believe Nick & Kim rented a cottage in September as August was a little close to the Ireland cruise for them.   The August dates best suit me as I'm on annual leave then, but I'm still able to be there for some of the dates chosen in September but not all of them.  The way things are going with my TS3 build I probably wont have a hovercraft ready by then anyway :-(

« Reply #11 on: Mar 30, 2019, 3:14 pm »

If you can't make Loch Fyne then look at Lochcarron in September  ;)
Is it September now?   Five people are registered for August - might be a good idea to talk to them and update the event dates?

« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2019, 12:11 am »

Just to whet your appetite - this was yesterday
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #9 on: Mar 29, 2019, 11:32 pm »

Once I get my exhaust sorted you are welcome to come to Weston and explore the coast on this side.

« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2019, 9:46 pm »

Thriving hover community up here in Morecambe bay and the Mersey areas, also Chris (Jimmy cooper) off here is also one of many active hovernaughts from the south coast. Feel free to get in touch for advice on the marlin or details of planned cruises in your area or up here buddy. 👍