Linked Events

• Irish Cruise event 26th July ---> 6th August 2019: Jul 26, 2019 - Aug 04, 2019Please login or register to sign up for this event.
« Reply #10 on: Mar 03, 2019, 5:57 pm »

I'm not sure when I'll get there but David will probably be there on Friday. Directions are take the road west until you cross the Shannon and then take the first exit. :)
Kim, as long as you stay away from the Red X bottle you'll be fine.

« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2019, 3:57 pm »

I seem to recall the etiquette involved at Philip's Banqueting Hall is mainly to admire the speed at which the beer fridge empties itself as if by magic :-\  We will let you know what we've managed to book when the deed is done, Philip. Are you still planning to start on Lough Ree on Friday 26th July though?

« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2019, 1:11 pm »

I can get in touch with the campsites nearer the time so no need to worry, book whatever ferry is best for you but if you leave on the 2nd you'll miss the banquet in the banqueting hall on the last weekend :) :) . Kim's been there, he can explain the etiquette required.  ;) 

« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2019, 1:03 pm »

Hello PHILLIP---
Kim and myself are deep into "Planning the logistics" and wonder if there's any more info to "flesh out the bones" so to speak.
Things like-
1 Do we need to book the Motorhome campsite? (campsites?)
2 We are thinking of booking camp site to arrive LATE 25th July Thursday night, so we are in place for the start on Friday morning i.e. Friday 26th July. Is this in order and "bookable for the ferries", which have a DEAL % disc if booked before this TUESDAY.
3 We "plan" to stay until Friday 2nd Aug leaving first thing to return to UK.

Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2019, 9:02 pm »

« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2019, 10:16 pm »

This is west of  Cromane in Castlemaine Harbour.

https://youtu.be/IWV-mMKmeHc

« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2019, 8:48 pm »

Here's a link to some local places, not much has changed  ;) ;)

https://www.facebook.com/BBCArchive/videos/516323495407352/

« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2019, 6:16 pm »

8)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2019, 10:10 am »

« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2019, 10:22 pm »

This year the Irish cruise will be from Friday 26th July to Tuesday 6th August, We're heading back to the Shannon probably again starting at Galey before heading on south or maybe north visiting anywhere interesting along the way including Lukers. We hope to explore some sections of the river we've not been on before so there may be some surprises .On the Shannon usually stop at campsites which have access to the river without needing a trailer including Mountshannon. Most of the river has recently been added to Google Street View .

Then we'll move to Kerry where we can explore some rivers and head out into the Atlantic visiting places like Blennerville, Castlemaine Killorglin,
Inch, Spa and Cromane  All of course is weather dependent but we can always stick to the more sheltered rivers.
  If anybody wants more info just ask. :)
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2019, 10:37 pm by John Robertson »