« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2019, 7:32 pm »

Just a quick point re primer bulbs. In the microlight world it is now recommended that a by-pass line is fitted to avoid fuel starvation in the event that the bulb fails closed (it’s happened quite a few times!). A simple circuit using two metal T pieces around the bulb allows the fuel to pass if there’s a problem and there is enough back pressure for the bulb to prime the whole circuit.
Just thought I’d mention it guys :-\

« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2019, 7:30 pm »

He’s using two Briggs engines so no drama on the one filter.

Needs a k engine.

« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2019, 7:12 pm »

Thanks Philip.  One it is then :-)

« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2019, 7:06 pm »

Good point Gary,  I will fit a priming bulb before the filter.  Nick My biggest worry of using just the one filter is that the fuel from the tank will not be able to fill up quick enough with two engines being fed from one filter, but I agree that one filter is less weight, less space needed and less hassle to fit
One inlet will easily handle ten times the fuel your going to need.

« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2019, 6:59 pm »

Good point Gary,  I will fit a priming bulb before the filter.  Nick My biggest worry of using just the one filter is that the fuel from the tank will not be able to fill up quick enough with two engines being fed from one filter, but I agree that one filter is less weight, less space needed and less hassle to fit

« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2019, 5:20 pm »

Al. Fit a priming bulb in front of the filter.
I had to do this on the k100.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2019, 4:35 pm »

I’ve fitted one to the rear k100 engine. I figure if I start that first it will pull any water through and into that filter.
Then after a few mins I can start the front with no separator.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2019, 4:18 pm »

I reckon it would be no problem using just the one filter- in fact one is twice as reliable and half the weight and cost  of two! ;)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2019, 8:35 pm »

I've just bought two of these, but do I actually need two?

I was expecting them to have one inlet & one outlet, but they have two inlet & outlets, so would one filter supply enough fuel to the lift and the thrust engines or would I be better using a separate filter for each of the engines?  I'm using a low pressure fuel pump to the lift engine, not sure yet on fuel delivery to the thrust engine, as it still hasn't arrived :-(