Linked Events

• North West Highland Cruise: Sep 14, 2019 - Sep 20, 2019Please login or register to sign up for this event.

« Reply #61 on: Aug 28, 2019, 9:40 pm »

Thanks Al - really appreciate the heads up - that would have been very annoying.
I get my Rannoch Moor/Glencoe fix then  :) 8)

« Reply #60 on: Aug 28, 2019, 8:01 pm »

YEP, thanks for the heads up there Al.
Thats a bit of a detour.
My man has worked out a "get around" so will be following his lead, as Im dysfunctional over road numbers.
The problem is- they're all different.  ::)
It just isn't fair.
I shall write to my MP.
Oh forgot- we haven't got one now he has been "sacked" for various reasons---
Ho (hum)
 :(

I bet he wasn't sacked for being honest  :-X ;D [size=78%] [/size]

« Reply #59 on: Aug 28, 2019, 4:22 pm »

YEP, thanks for the heads up there Al.
Thats a bit of a detour.
My man has worked out a "get around" so will be following his lead, as Im dysfunctional over road numbers.
The problem is- they're all different.  ::)
It just isn't fair.
I shall write to my MP.
Oh forgot- we haven't got one now he has been "sacked" for various reasons---
Ho (hum)
 :(
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #58 on: Aug 28, 2019, 11:58 am »

You'll be fine on that route Kim, just didn't want people getting within a stones throw away only to find they have a 140 mile detour to do.  The other option of course would be to park up in Kyle or South Strome, Plocktonetc and fly across the loch to Lochcarron then fly back on the Monday and collect the vehicle & trailer

« Reply #57 on: Aug 27, 2019, 7:46 pm »

Thanks for the info Al - very much appreciated!! :)

I've got my heart set on Tyndrum/Rannoch Moor/Glencoe/Fort William as I love that route but will then route via Spean Bridge/Loch Ness/Drumnadrochit and then A831/A833 to pick up the A832/A835 to Lochcarron via Achnasheen. Any local knowledge that makes that a bad idea please?
I realise the A9 route is simpler and probably quicker but I need my Rannoch Moor/Glencoe "fix"  ::) ::)

Really looking forward to this one...

« Reply #56 on: Aug 27, 2019, 6:34 pm »

AlWhen does the road close?

« Reply #55 on: Aug 27, 2019, 4:04 pm »

Just a wee heads up for those of you that are planning attending this cruise.  If your arriving on the weekend of the 14th do not use the A87 route to get here come via Inverness.  The road between Lochcarron and Auchtertyre (A890) will be closed for the entire weekend so would have to do 140 mile detour.  So I repeat DO NOT USE THE A87 ROUTE  Use the A9 if coming from the south

« Reply #54 on: Apr 04, 2019, 12:10 pm »

Hi Nick
We had a week at Loch Carron last year, it was a fantastic holiday.
Attached is a pic of Kermit on the shore near to where I think the cottage is.
If I remember rightly Kermit is blocking the view of Harbour Cottage on the pic.
You know, not long ago I never would have thought I would have found something that I would have enjoyed as much as aviation. But I reckon hovering is it. So much so that I’ve sold my best gyro over the winter and a load other gyro related stuff.

For some reason I can’t post the pic
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2019, 12:17 pm by Ronnie L »

« Reply #53 on: Apr 03, 2019, 1:55 pm »

Hy Ronnie, I've replied here to keep it in context---
We've hired the cottage on the shores of LochCarron, as the campsite near by is not particularly near---and two campsite rentals ends up not particularly cheap. Unable to rent the cottage the previous August dates, as it was already booked!

The rented cottage is shore side, so the H/C can be parked up on the shore, and used when ever at zero hassle.
The cottage (once costs are shared) is perhaps marginally more expensive, but at the time, no others were showing interest. Are you joining us on Loch Carron? I would think its perfectly OK for you to perhaps use your M/H at the campsite, but leave your craft on the shore by our cottage. Hiring the cottage will "hopefully" give us all a "hub" from which to operate, (subject to considerate operations to neighbours)
See reply 46 above ref Als kind addition of views of/from our rental cottage.

Loch Fyne is DEFINITELY a camper holiday, with TWO weeks all booked at the usual campsite- (for Kim and Myself and patient ladies supporting us as per usual)  so nil desperandum!  ;)
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2019, 2:00 pm by Nick Flint »
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #52 on: Apr 01, 2019, 10:47 am »

The North West Highland Cruise, 14th to 21st September 2019. 

This will be the second time this cruising event has been held, the last one was back in 2011.  The cruise is centered around Lochcarron.   
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2019, 11:32 am by John Robertson »

« Reply #51 on: Feb 10, 2019, 5:47 pm »

Good to see you again Kim.  Yes sun always shining and very light breeze here ???   "I wish"  ;D

« Reply #50 on: Feb 10, 2019, 3:00 pm »

Thanks for the pics Al - looks great! Val and I have elbowed our way into the cottage that Nick has hired so looking forward to the trip now 8)  I was working across the loch at Attadale as well as at Lochcarron a couple of years ago in spectacular sunshine - I'm sure the weather is always like that there ::) :-\ ;) .

« Reply #49 on: Feb 09, 2019, 6:22 pm »

We're popping over the Bealach Na Ba next Saturday night, as going for a meal in Applecross  :)   This area must be one of the prettiest places to live or visit in the UK  ;D

« Reply #48 on: Feb 09, 2019, 4:56 pm »

Al, you are lucky to live in such a beautiful area, I passed through two years ago on route to Applecross via Bealach Na Ba, interesting route!!

« Reply #47 on: Feb 09, 2019, 4:01 pm »

Here is a few pictures of slum bay and Harbour cottage taken today 9th Feb 2019 with the tide out.