Linked Events

• North West Highland Cruise: Sep 14, 2019 - Sep 20, 2019Please login or register to sign up for this event.

« Reply #46 on: Feb 01, 2019, 6:36 pm »

I have no idea why engine is delayed, it was due to be with me 6 weeks ago.  I've been assured if its not arrived by next Friday then they will reorder it from elsewhere. 

I was signed on the sick today as I'm not allowed to drive at the moment due to having a Meniere's flare up.  Quite entertaining to onlookers as it looks like I've had too much to drink ;D [size=78%].  [/size][/size]Hopefully it will settle down again soon and I can get back to work.  I've learned to hide the symptoms quite well, but a work colleague noticed yesterday how unstable on my feet I was, so I thought time to see GP.  [size=78%]

« Reply #45 on: Feb 01, 2019, 6:16 pm »

Why is thrust delayed?
Sorry didn't know you were on sick leave.
Yep, Harbour cottage "looks" ideal, and I'm sure we will be able to get around any anomalies!
Hoping for some spectacular drone action. Clear water, Skye beaches, camp fires and smiliefaces.com !
At least the skirt arrival will employ you whilst you await the engine.
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #44 on: Feb 01, 2019, 5:19 pm »

Hopefully My TS3 will be finished by then ???   It should be as long as the thrust engine arrives  :D .  New professionally made skirt will be with me end of next week  ;D ;D 

I'm working some of those days during that week, but available Sat, Sun, Thurs, Fri, Sat,  I maybe able to swap out a day or two with another colleague, as long as I'm not still on sick leave  :(

Slum bay where harbour cottage is has easy access to the water when the tide is in, but not a problem if its out as plenty of areas to park above water line .  The bottom end of that road has a steep banking when tide is out, but I managed to get my first surveyor up it a few times, so the otter wont have any issues with it.  There is a small slipway outside the cottage John & Steve rented which is only 200 metres from where your staying.  or just the other side of the bay is where I launch from, so launching & retrieval wont be a problem :)

« Reply #43 on: Feb 01, 2019, 1:25 pm »

In the spirit of moving forward, Ive booked "Harbour Cottage" on the shores from 14th Sept --->21st Sept morning.
My shades are packed  8)

« Reply #42 on: Jan 20, 2019, 7:00 pm »

Hi Al it nice to see  more cruising in Scotland the end of July and up to the second week in August is out for me  Sorry .Tom

« Reply #41 on: Jan 18, 2019, 4:55 pm »

Attached a picture of the 60800 ton new arrival that has become resident in Loch Kishorn for the next 9 weeks.  As can be seen in the background we've had a sprinkling of snow

« Reply #40 on: Jan 18, 2019, 9:54 am »

Any of those dates are fine with me, but I wont be able to be there everyday because of work  :'(
24th - 31st Aug I'm able to be there: Mon to Thurs.
31st- 7th Sept able to be there: Mon - Sat, but I have a night shift Monday night.
7th 14th Sept, able to be there: Sat, Sun, Fri, Sat
14th - 21st Sept, able to be there: Sat, Mon, Fri, Sat.
21st - 28th Sept, able to be there: Sat to Wed.

Another alternative would be 20th April to 27th April But I don't think my TS3 will be finished as I'm still waiting for the thrust engine  >:(   "I'm getting very impatient now as 4 weeks over due  >:( >:( >:( >:(   But I could cadge a ride  ;)

« Reply #39 on: Jan 18, 2019, 9:07 am »

To give some clearance from the proposed IRISH cruise--
I suggest weeks beginning with Saturday----
Aug24th and 31st
Sept 7,14,21,28,
then getting  closer to poor weather (perhaps)---
Oct 5, 12th---

« Reply #38 on: Jan 16, 2019, 10:12 am »

How about members suggest dates?  The maximum amount of days I work in any week is 4.  The I either have 4 or 6 days off before going back on shift, so basically I can hold a cruise / cruises most weeks, it just means I wont be there some of the days.

« Reply #37 on: Jan 15, 2019, 2:14 pm »

Been watching this thread with interest. From what I read here, it looks like it may be possible to to move the dates or have a second phase later in the year then Al???  8)

« Reply #36 on: Jan 12, 2019, 5:54 pm »

I'm happy to have the cruise any when, but the closer to October the higher the risk  of stormy weather. My shift changes in April, so I won't automatically get 7 days off between shifts as I do now.  But some weeks I'll get 4 days off, others I'll get 6 days off without annual leave.  For instance  I'm back on shift on Monday 3rd June until the Thursday  then I'm off until Monday.    So it could be tagged onto the end of Loch fyne or any month.  Yes it would be nice if I could spend the week out there, but I'm happy to have a few days.  I'm way north, so it's a long trek for most people to attend    Skye is a possibility as are other areas, if people happy to trailer their hover.  South Skye is doable from Lochcarron or trailer to Kyle.
To look on Google maps/earth battery Park Lochcarron then find Howard Doris Centre, the grass area of shore between the two is behind my work colleagues house

« Reply #35 on: Jan 12, 2019, 5:13 pm »

1 High Al, do you have a Google earth view of your pal to wet the appetite of the shore mentioned.
2 Bearing in mind the Irish cruise will end 6th August, and I would need to return to UK and catch up on stuff, - it makes even more sense to run Your Highland cruise perhaps just a tad into September-October to potentially reduce costs but more importantly increase availability of self catering rentals with direct access to Loch Carron, as some four berth rentals are already booked for 10th August.
3 I am not sure if you have yet made this "an event" Thats under "CLUB" at the top, and sets up how many etc, and we can then register and finally confirm once we have bookings for our preferred sleeping arrangements, i.e. camp/rental/hotel/B+B etc.
If there are other guys joining us from HCGB (for instance) you could add their names to your booking under "comments"
That way we can see who's going.
4 Do you have any suggestions for what and where to cruise / visit, bearing in mind you cruise the areas extensively?
5 Perhaps a trailered visit to cruise Skye??? Always been in MY bucket list, which grows ever more urgent as time passes!
6 You pass the " Lochcarron garage" does it have petrol supplies please, or is it car mending only?
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2019, 5:20 pm by Nick Flint »

« Reply #34 on: Jan 11, 2019, 10:02 pm »

A work colleague of mine is happy for people to leave their hovercraft overnight on the grass shore behind his house near slum bay.

« Reply #33 on: Jan 11, 2019, 9:56 pm »

« Reply #32 on: Jan 11, 2019, 9:49 pm »

About 4 minutes 20 secs into this video you can see the LC hotel and the slipway.

Boy that surveyor was noisy  :o   I had forgotten how bad the first exhaust system was on that craft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_72zfGb-qM