Linked Events

• North West Highland Cruise: Sep 14, 2019 - Sep 20, 2019Please login or register to sign up for this event.
« Reply #16 on: Dec 14, 2018, 12:38 pm »

keen to come along and bring a couple of craft and helpers.
Edinburgh based so no to far to roam

« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2018, 8:48 am »

This holiday cottage is approximately 3 miles from Lochcarron.

http://www.anteallachcottage.com/

« Reply #14 on: Dec 06, 2018, 12:35 pm »

Not sure I've mentioned it on here, I'm interested in this one, with the right weather this is a hover paradise.
There's no such thing as bad weather, you're just wearing the wrong jacket!!

« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2018, 9:51 am »

A few more B&B's

The dialing code for Lochcarron is: 01520

« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2018, 9:06 pm »

Here is a good site for finding local accommodation for anyone intending to come to next years Highland cruise.

Just click on the relevant section.

https://www.lochcarron.org.uk/where-to-stay/

For those of you looking for B&B check out this site:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk.

« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2018, 9:13 pm by Al »

« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2018, 2:59 pm »

There is a campsite in Lochcarron, but does not have direct access to the beach.

The campsite is called the Wee Campsite, Croft Road, Lochcarron, Highlands    IV54 8YA, Tel: 07876 642355
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@57.4027698,-5.486561,3a,75y,157.9h,74.94t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s01PPekoeneud4RVcwDMhpQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The pub is under 5 minutes walk from here.

Early booking of the campsite is essential for that time of year as its not very big and a lot of tourist in the area about then.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2018, 3:11 pm by Al »

« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2018, 1:56 pm »

Hello Al,
Preliminary peruse of 2019 calendar shows I am not washing my hair that week, so I am interested.
I would be "one up" in my Motorhome, and although "capable" of "wild camping" I don't want any WILD FARMERS asking me to get the +++++ OFF their land!
I realise roaming laws in Scozzer ARE different (better) but--- would still prefer to have a hook up for my hair dryer, and NOT be "asked to leave" etc.
Direct access to shore would be delightful, whilst touristic shops etc would not be essential to life!
Pubs? (do you have them this far north?)
Petrol?
Will you be creating a "Cruising Club Event"- if so can you put up names of other potential attendees - quite a few of which I may know/remember from earlier times?
Weather looks good, but presume this is delivered on an "ad hoc" basis?
My drone should be charged up by then, and we may well be able to include some footage promoting the sport in the near future----
Nick
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2018, 10:28 am »

What a devious bunch you are  ;)

Cheers

Paul
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2018, 10:37 am by Paul H »
Paul H
Herefordshire (i.e. a loooong way from the coast...) 🤔

« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2018, 7:11 pm »

I find the best thing is the premptive strike: Send your other half off for a nice break with her sister/daughter/mother somewhere nice/hot then when it's time to negotiate you will have the high ground (hope Ruth isn't looking at this - mind you I think she rumbled my little scheme a while ago!)
I'm working on something like that but a trip for her to visit her cousins in the US involves Orlando, Arizona, NewYork, Chicago ..,........................

« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2018, 4:14 pm »

I'm interested but uncertain about whether I can make it yet (delicate negotiations at home)

I find the best thing is the premptive strike: Send your other half off for a nice break with her sister/daughter/mother somewhere nice/hot then when it's time to negotiate you will have the high ground (hope Ruth isn't looking at this - mind you I think she rumbled my little scheme a while ago!)
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2018, 3:52 pm »

Your more than welcome.  Convince the other half about how its a great place for a family holiday  ;)   If that don't work then buy them something nice and unexpected  ;D

« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2018, 3:17 pm »

I'm interested but uncertain about whether I can make it yet (delicate negotiations at home) and I'm new to the scene (still building my Marlin) so I wouldn't want to bite off more than I could chew!

Cheers

Paul
Paul H
Herefordshire (i.e. a loooong way from the coast...) 🤔

« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2018, 10:55 am »

There are a few that have shown interest, but only one other from this club.

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2018, 10:22 am »

Al
We will definitely be coming back to Loch Carron.
It would be good to get there for the event. Not sure if ewe can yet, but will let you know.
Isn’t anyone else interested??.

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2018, 10:32 pm »

I've decided I will organise the North West Highland Hovercraft Cruise in 2019.

I have set the dates of August 10th to 17th 2019.  I have chosen these dates as to not clash with the Irish event at the end of July early August.

At the moment it is very early stages, but I will compile a list of B&B's, guest houses, campsites, holiday lets etc in this area.

Everyone is welcome.

Here is a link to some footage of the last highland cruise to wet your appetite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crw9z_VirCg&t=486s