Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2019: May 25, 2019 - Jun 08, 2019Please login or register to sign up for this event.
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2019, 6:51 pm »

Come on guys, upload some pics and videos for those of us who can't get there :)

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2019, 10:08 am »

Last year we found WhatsApp to be a great way to keep in touch during Loch Fyne.  If you’re not on the WhatsApp group and want to be first download the app then send me your mobile number and I’ll add you.
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2019, 7:59 am »

Arriving Friday tea time.  8)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2019, 8:59 pm »

We're not down now until Monday evening because Inverness airport were on strike today, so my parents flight was cancelled.  The earliest flight my parents could get now is Monday afternoon  :( .  Typical the flight for today was booked and paid for in January

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2019, 8:54 pm »

Well we’re here.....and I know it’s only Thursday.

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2019, 8:13 am »

Useful info for newbies to the area:
https://hoverclub.org.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=538.0;attach=601

... could do with some updating but most of it still applies!  Note that there is no longer a recovery vessel available - you will need to make your own arrangements (the Caravan park has a Dive Centre boat for example).

If you are into neolithic history then this might be of interest.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 9:05 am by John Robertson »

« Reply #14 on: Apr 26, 2019, 7:02 pm »

Yep those bangie bangie noises sure do travel, but Ford Trannie diesel turbos are reliable I understand.

« Reply #13 on: Apr 26, 2019, 2:31 pm »

Not as many “ticks” as Capn Flint yet but I treated my neighbours to another listen to Kairos’ engine running yesterday ;D . Looking forward to meeting up with everyone again. 8)

« Reply #12 on: Apr 25, 2019, 5:52 pm »

One CLEAN mended MOTd camper ---Tick
One Otter that starts on the button---Tick
All serviced, and VHF comms sorted -Tick
Usual campsite pitch booked----------Tick
All support batteries charged ---------Tick
Drone charged and checked-----------Tick
                               8)
Sparkle however needs some stripes so we aren't accused of looking like undercoat----TBA

« Reply #11 on: Apr 25, 2019, 2:03 pm »

One month to go before this event!  Time to check over your hovercraft, trailer and, possibly, camper?

« Reply #10 on: Feb 08, 2019, 5:35 pm »

It's typically an open itinerary, mainly because the weather controls everything. There are some favourite cruises, such as Otter Ferry for lunch or the brewery for eerrr.. beer, and John publishes a bunch of suggested destinations which are all well worth the effort. We don't often all do the same thing at the same time (way too much organisation needed!) although that does happen a sometimes. There will often be two or three smaller groups doing longer or shorter cruises depending on the weather, preference, etc.

We usually try to get a camping trip in - usually a longer run to a nice remote beach for ging gang goolies round the campfire and eerrr... beer. All weather dependent. Also there's usually a beach barbeque on at least one day, etc.

Last year we started using a WhatsApp group to keep everyone in touch, that worked really well. So best get WhatsApp on your phone and we'll invite you to the group. If you PM your mobile number to me I'll invite you, and you'll be able to see last year's stuff!
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2019, 9:40 am »

Is there any itinerary rfor the fortnight or more of a see what comes approach?
Really looking forward to this event as so local to us.
This will be the 1st time my Hoverhawk has seen Loch Fyne since it was in service with the Scottish fisheries 50 years ago!

« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2019, 6:38 pm »

No, dead opposite.  I was hoping to launch from the castle, but looking like I wont have a hovercraft ready anyway :-(

« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2019, 3:10 pm »

On the same side of the loch as JR tho?

« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2019, 1:34 pm »

We're staying in a cottage directly opposite JR's place.  Not looking promising that I'll have the TS3 finished though as still no sign of thrust engine  :'(