Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2019: May 25, 2019 - Jun 08, 2019Please login or register to sign up for this event.

« Reply #65 on: Jun 09, 2019, 6:30 pm »

Who is parking on the wet patch at 5.22? :) ;)

Guilty as charged Philip ::)  Thought I'd stay on the wet to save on skirt wear............... :-\

« Reply #64 on: Jun 08, 2019, 7:37 pm »

OMG Mr R-------- Jane and myself were moved by that.
Speed of posting---- A+
Music----------------- A+
Filming----------------A+
Thanks for all your good fellowship, and ribald repartee, ( not forgetting all the Jarl, cream teas etc.)
Well done again Mr R at what must have been very difficult logistically.
Heres hoping Miss Jenny makes a full and speedy recovery.
I promise to sort out some postings ref the event ASAP.

Sparkle onboard GPS read out shows 210 miles covered.

« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2019, 7:53 pm by Nick Flint »
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #63 on: Jun 08, 2019, 1:03 pm »

Who is parking on the wet patch at 5.22? :) ;)

« Reply #61 on: Jun 03, 2019, 11:05 am »

Was the smell some kind of festival-related plumbing issue or artisanal cheese with a bit of a whiff? :-\

« Reply #60 on: Jun 03, 2019, 10:56 am »

Welcome Neil.
Yes (indeed), we all endlessly toil suurupticiously avoiding offence to others.
Some jolly avoidance schemes include replacing letters with similar looking ones as in-
I was P1$$£D, thus avoiding confusion within the elderly community, (also known as “US”)
P S —- I wasnt  —- just unsure of my legs, thats all.

« Reply #59 on: Jun 03, 2019, 10:22 am »

Kim enjoys the toilet run, whilst practising “the squat” a well known dance that ive already taken to perfection
Its a joy ::)

« Reply #58 on: Jun 03, 2019, 10:20 am »

saw this “scottish person”.
I use a small “s” as there is some doubt if indeed he was genuine.
Please not this is the only photo which is suitable for this august but conservative journal.
Safe to say the other frontals were enough to frighten the ladies. He was getting married at the beer / music festival at Lochfynehead. His offer of £50 to arrive there on an otter was eased away with gay applomb!

« Reply #57 on: Jun 03, 2019, 10:11 am »

The Taylor Flint glamour team 2019 on show towards the North East of Loch Fyne. We shied away from the brewery for a change and i was having just a little difficulty coughing up the raw sewage smell from our last visit.
Sounds “unkind” i grant you, but factual all the same. We swerved twards the Lochfynehead rezzie and garden centrecafe, as we thought they may
1 Let US in,
2 Not smell of sewage.
CORRECT on both details. Their grilled goats cheese on toast, with shredded beeetroot was a triumph.
We then repaired (in a South Westerly plottage) and finally (after an arduous battle into 7.5 mph head winds) made land fall at a “brewery outlet” commonly referred to as CREGGANS!, where we ——

« Reply #56 on: Jun 02, 2019, 2:49 pm »

I'm notoriously poor at social media stuff, but here are a couple of pics of the craft from a couple of months ago (one or two mods since then):
Snug fit in the workshop
Side view
Convertible mode
Oh, and the name of the craft has obviously fallen victim to the forum's auto-censor. It's named after this fella:

« Reply #55 on: Jun 02, 2019, 1:03 pm »

Any more pics of the "Red"?

« Reply #54 on: Jun 02, 2019, 12:24 pm »

Hi all - I'm Neil with the Red craft from the pics on the previous page. Nick has twisted my arm to be a bit more sociable on this here forum, so I'll be doing my best to upload stuff as development continues.
For now I'll just say a big thank you to all the guys on the cruise for the knowledge and patience. It's been a massive learning experience, not least to show how big the proverbial mountain is and how few steps into the foothills I've taken so far.
Sadly, the performance of the "Red ", as it has now been christened, was somewhat below expectations, especially in the lift department, and proper flights were limited to a couple of short runs. It's now safely tucked up back at the workshop and I have a to-do list like War and Peace. Progress updates as and when I have them...

« Reply #53 on: Jun 01, 2019, 8:00 pm »

8)

« Reply #52 on: Jun 01, 2019, 7:59 pm »

Having had a superb lunch we came back via Creggans for a well earned Jarl (yup - they had some :P ) ahead of a home made curry. A gentle but really great day out

« Reply #51 on: Jun 01, 2019, 7:55 pm »

A feeble attempt at one of JR’s “spot the hovercraft” photos here (his are much more subtle than mine) ::)