Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2019: May 25, 2019 - Jun 08, 2019Please login or register to sign up for this event.
« Reply #80 on: Jun 20, 2019, 7:11 am »

At 1.54 you say JR heads South West! If he made it I never saw him  ::) ;D
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

« Reply #79 on: Jun 19, 2019, 10:33 pm »

Parts TWO and THREE of the recent Loch Fyne Hover extravaganza.---------->
I have divided this into two episodes, but those of you who enjoy "binge TV" may prefer the whole 15 minutes, without respite.

In THIS version, I have finally managed to extract the drone data, and transfer it to the editing suite, which has only crashed a few times.
Due to the fact I was unable LAST year to transfer some drone data, ---- towards the end of the video, there is a small selection from 2018, showing our craft in their ELEMENT. 

Please remember, this is simply MY record, and occasionally from other peoples phones that have left their pictures on my data stream. I have REALLY tried to include everyone, somewhere, but I "believe" the only person to attend who isn't featured is Georgie Tilley
so apologise for this. Tom, (who MUST get the hero medal earning the monicker-"Glasgow Tom") IS featured tho!
Thanks go to JR as ever for "not" hosting the event, but putting in huge effort and road miles anyway.
To every one ELSE, --- thanks for sharing again, and heres to more in the future.     ;) 

Some of the early drone video has not fared well in, in that I lost contact occasionally whilst a long way out, and its poor quality has only come to light whilst JUST viewing. Perhaps it is something to do with the computer crashing whilst under considerable stress?
Such is life. (well three days of it!)

https://youtu.be/nCXI-j2mbBo
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2019, 10:55 pm by Nick Flint »
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #78 on: Jun 16, 2019, 10:33 pm »

Loch Fyne 2019 The Film part 1
Please be aware this is part one and as such this is simply a record of what I have on my Phone, Camera and (later on)Drone footage.
Please be patient because there is MORE to come, shortly, and remember you probably have an "off" button should boredom take a hold.
 ;)

https://youtu.be/uqWnfUTn65g

« Reply #77 on: Jun 16, 2019, 10:20 am »

THE Trailer  ;)

Others are available.

https://youtu.be/7cbkD9i7Rp8

« Reply #76 on: Jun 15, 2019, 12:44 pm »

Hi Folks
great time had up at Loch Fyne
A few hover ups with the Hawk but so many teething problems getting all three engines running concurrently proved too much.
Very worthwhile visit to discover the limitations of the craft and see what falls off simply trailing it around.
The experience of running it away from the comfort of the factory gave so much info, compiled with the help and knowledge of the club members there I now have a plan to get the craft actually sea worthy over the next few weeks.
Re threading the throttle cables is going to be the least fun task.
Good news is the parts list to fix will be very reasonable.
Total amazement at the corrosion suffered on the'marinised' cables and electrics!
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2019, 12:53 pm by PepperPerformance »

« Reply #75 on: Jun 15, 2019, 11:06 am »

Hello lovely people. As Nick alluded to, I've unfortunately been dragged back into the world of actual graft to fund the silly projects, so work on RB has temporarily on hold.
But that's not necessarily a bad thing, as it's allowing time to properly consider the necessary next steps. A number of this parish have been very helpful (especially Ian, cheers :-)) in nannying me through my entry-level "mathmatics for hovercrafters" course, and it's now become clear that the whole lift arrangement needs revising. The lift fan is an absolute monster, but currently in stall due to the size of the housing outlet, and the plenum holes. The latter is easy but time consuming, and the former will require a bit more lateral thinking to get the packaging right (I need to find 0.25m2 more housing-to-plenum area).Longer term, the skirt to be replaced for a Sevtec-style bag, but I've got enough on my plate with the above jobs, so as an intermediate step, I'm going to update the pick-up points for the fingers, add a couple of specially shaped segments and link the bases together with little nylon barbs.
Apologies once again for the poor comms - I promise I'll post lots of details once I get my teeth into the job properly.

« Reply #74 on: Jun 15, 2019, 9:11 am »

Neil (owner) is now a member so I hope he will be able to comment soon, but he still has that "work" thing going!
During our chats following his hover it seems his feed holes from the huge (centrifugal) lift fan could be considered "rather small"
and some other skirt "anomalies" were discussed. He bought the craft recently (as is) and is going to alter
much to improve matters. Ive txt him and he will post later due to the "W" word mentioned above.

« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2019, 9:29 am by Nick Flint »

« Reply #73 on: Jun 14, 2019, 6:32 pm »

I have a short video of the aluminium craft running.  It didn't hover very well, not sure why as I had to leave to pick my parents up from Inveraray castle.

https://youtu.be/M5D_HiUuyAE

« Reply #72 on: Jun 14, 2019, 2:59 pm »

Neils craft was run up, but i was elsewhere, so I've no picture of such.
Ali cruiser with subaroooo engine driving flight adjustable prop, and a head light
to burn night into DAY  8)
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2019, 5:23 pm by Nick Flint »

« Reply #71 on: Jun 14, 2019, 2:56 pm »

Ceggans Hostelrie were MOST accommodating, on NUMEROUS occasions.
---funny-- that.  ::)

« Reply #70 on: Jun 14, 2019, 2:54 pm »

Hover Hawk (Spencers craft) on a grey day
He is the one with "that hat on the right!)

« Reply #69 on: Jun 14, 2019, 2:52 pm »

Skippers (the camp restaurant) did us proud,, :o ,,, many times!

« Reply #68 on: Jun 14, 2019, 2:48 pm »

My favourite so far  8)

Crate of Yarl Beer takes pride of place.  ;)

« Reply #67 on: Jun 14, 2019, 2:47 pm »

Water mistake to make!  ;)

« Reply #66 on: Jun 09, 2019, 6:32 pm »

Lovely little video JR - good work sir! Will try and post some pics and words later in the week.