« Reply #57 on: Feb 06, 2019, 2:34 pm »

« Reply #56 on: Feb 03, 2019, 6:29 pm »

Exhaust butchered and packed

« Reply #55 on: Jan 02, 2019, 7:41 pm »

Thanks for reminding me Gary, I've just ordered a pair for the TS3  ;D .  Just need an engine to connect up to the rear one  ???

« Reply #54 on: Jan 02, 2019, 6:35 pm »

Commonly known in the trade as a "522 with water trap" :)

« Reply #53 on: Jan 02, 2019, 6:13 pm »

Ordered 2. Front and back.

« Reply #52 on: Jan 01, 2019, 4:47 pm »

Ideally a fuel filter with a water trap, about 15 quid from eBay
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #51 on: Jan 01, 2019, 12:10 pm »

Often thought about fitting an electric fuel pump when I had that setup, nevet bothered as the pulse pump never failed.
Not sure yet think might need a better fuel filter. The inline one is vertical so there is a air in it. May get a subaru filter like I have on the bmw.
See pic.

« Reply #50 on: Jan 01, 2019, 12:07 pm »

The Space below the blades quite tight. Also should allow the air to distribute better. I could be wrong and I’m sure someone will advise me if I’m right or wrong.

« Reply #49 on: Dec 29, 2018, 11:01 am »

Lift duct need cutting so the bottom edge is at the same level as the blades

Why? My lift ducts are a bit deeper than blade trailing edge, 25mm ?, Just askin'  :)

« Reply #48 on: Dec 28, 2018, 10:05 pm »

Often thought about fitting an electric fuel pump when I had that setup, nevet bothered as the pulse pump never failed.

« Reply #47 on: Dec 28, 2018, 7:48 pm »

After bombing around at the hcbd hoverin trying my best to break the eagle 4.
I discovered the following.
Plenum pressure to is 80 thingies and the skirt pressure is 60 thingies.
Exhaust is too loud.
Lift engine needs an electric pump.
Blades need a tweak to get the max revs down from 9500 to 8000
Lift duct need cutting so the bottom edge is at the same level as the blades
Trailer needs work.
So all in all a fantastic result.

« Reply #46 on: Sep 28, 2018, 4:18 pm »

It’s done the hard work is over.
Now it’s a case of tweaking,checking pressures and possibly making the holes in the plenum bigger.

« Reply #45 on: Sep 27, 2018, 9:28 pm »

I believe that Briggs had a batch of bad filters some time ago.  We had one on a mower that caused endless problems. Probably one of those ?

« Reply #44 on: Sep 27, 2018, 5:15 pm »

Sorted the problem.
This is a brand new engine. I put the original pump back on the craft and still didn’t work. So I changed the original Briggs fuel filter for a new filter (bought ten off eBay ages ago).
Works a treat now. No issues and I now have a new unused facet pump for the box a bits.

« Reply #43 on: Sep 26, 2018, 8:58 pm »

I had hells own trouble after a rebuild ...until I found that I had connected the pipes the wrong way - very red face.

Previously I actually changed Britannia's entire lift engine because of this problem - I couldn't find the trouble until long afterwards - a tiny split on the side of the pulse tube - after a few minutes at full power it couldn't quite give enough fuel.  Caused a few very nasty moments off St Thomas' Head. 

I tried an elec pump and went back to pulse.  My back ups are the engine primers - KISS comes to mind !