Linked Events

• Liverpool Hover events: Jul 21, 2018 - Jul 22, 2018Please login or register to sign up for this event.

« Reply #9 on: Jul 20, 2018, 10:45 am »

Hello Jeremy. Im new to this venue so suggest you phone Danny on his mob number earlier on in this thread. See you there.
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2018, 12:10 pm by Nick Flint »
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2018, 9:32 am »

HI EVERY GUYS LOOKING FORWARD TO JOINING YOU THIS WEEKEND, HOPEFULLY BRINING MY SCARAB 10 UP AGAIN. ANY IDEA WHAT TIME SATURDAY MORNING ON SLIP WAY PLEASE..? BEST REGARDS JEREMY.
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2018, 9:59 am by Jeremy Taylor »

« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2018, 10:53 pm »

I’m on call for work this weekend - I may try and nip up without a craft just to say hello if it stays quiet but am up for the next one in August... :-\

« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 2018, 5:36 pm »

Just had an update from Danny ref Liverpool sailing club hover meeting this weekend and i plan to be there from Tea time onwards with Sparkle.
See you there Guys  ;) ------------------------>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Nick

Yes access is possible Friday evening. Gates won't be locked till late on and the bar will be open. There will be a few of us there Friday evening

Attached maps of how to get to LSC. I would suggest you put Blackburne St into your sat nav rather than a postcode and ideally the junction for Blackburne St and Garston Shore Rd. The yellow day barrier should be pulled across but it will just have a pin in it rather than locked. Follow the track down to the green gates which should also just be pulled to

Any problems my number is 07976 914 692

Gazza has been a few times

Danny Nightingale

« Reply #5 on: Jul 17, 2018, 10:03 pm »

I was hoping to go but still too soon after my 'mishap' hopefully I will be able to make the August date. I fancy a little Spitfire hunt, I have the coordinates has anyone got a magnetometer???
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2018, 6:55 pm »

I am "planning to go" but am awaiting some news to say whether i am available. It will be good to explore another area from my usual grounds, and meet new friends, as well as keep up old ones----!
See you there GAZZA!!!! ;)

Ive got some "garlic spam" (I think) that i was given to me to pass onto to you Gazza hundreds of years ago in Porthmadog.
I have forgotten who gave it to me tho!!!
He thought it would be well "up your street"!
How I've kept my hands off it is nobodies guess. ::)

« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2018, 12:04 pm »

Me and Kermit too

« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2018, 7:37 am »

I’m going in the eagle 4

« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2017, 3:23 pm »

In association with Liverpool Sailing club some events have been earmarked for inclusion in the Club Calendar of future events.
Proposed dates
21st and 22nd of JULY 2018

Liaise with Danny (Baldy) and or Nick FLINT

Usual cruise rules apply, craft must be sea worth and covered by appropriate insurance, there is a VHF channel that the club use or mobile phones as we are within the estuary. Crew must have appropriate clothing for the weather conditions and we usually try and run a buddy system or as a small group
There is the option of 'bumbling' cruising just within view of the club house the Mersey is approx 2.5miles wide outside the club or longer range stuff up towards Warrington
Parking is available for camper vans with a small grass area for tents. Wash down facilities are available, as are hot showers and toilets. The bar will be open for refreshments and there will be some food (usually BBQ) on the Saturday night and bacon butties on Sunday morning. These are included in the weekend cost to be paid to LSC on arrival
Please note this is a none political weekend. Anyone turning up with a mind to create will be shown the door
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2017, 3:38 pm by Nick Flint »