Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2018: May 25, 2018 - Jun 07, 2018Please login or register to sign up for this event.

« Reply #48 on: Jun 05, 2018, 9:35 am »

or just use the camping cover which HAD been in the camper! The engine blew away the kamakazi bugs intent on entering my EYES as the warm wet conditions promised plenty bug action. The prop cleared away everything whilst i covered the craft. Next few days promis return to sun and light zephyrs blowing from the sea.
Whilst here ive found floating centre loch  to be a tranquil and bug free time.
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #47 on: Jun 05, 2018, 9:29 am »

View from my forward cabin whilst sheltering torrential rain last weekend.
My wet kneeling knee can be well percieved and Inverary just to stern.

« Reply #46 on: Jun 05, 2018, 9:24 am »

John Steve and Nick shelter in a derilict shore side shack where Killy Kettle moment brewed the usual refreshments. The dry sticks inside burnt well and the windowless “windows” were a blessing when John threw his spent teabag into the fire.
Thank you john!
Returning from brewery and its music fest the delay was taken with applomb

« Reply #45 on: Jun 05, 2018, 9:13 am »

Collette joins us into Inverary for morning coffee and scone/jam/cream.
First use of roof test went well, air flow did not ruffle and night rains did not distress.
When sun then comes out it quickly gets heated😎 8)

« Reply #44 on: Jun 04, 2018, 8:13 pm »

And a big THANKS to John for hosting the biggest cruise in Scotland  from Georgie and I.

« Reply #43 on: Jun 03, 2018, 8:28 pm »

Hello all

Here's a huge thanks to John for hosting yet another superb Loch Fyne event!

It was a vintage event, with superb weather and great company. I'll share a few anecdotes later in the week when I've recovered!!

Ian
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2018, 3:34 pm »

Expecting Big things Ronnie---- 8)
I hope we and Kermit don’t disappoint......our aim is to please.

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2018, 12:58 pm »

Thanks for arranging the weather John 8)  - what about the midges?......... :o :-\
Don't worry - I've arranged for some of them also  :D (seriously though there was no real sign of any significant numbers last Sunday so here's hoping!)

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2018, 12:30 pm »

Expecting Big things Ronnie---- 8)

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2018, 10:28 pm »

We are loaded up and ready to go.
Traveling up tomorrow.

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2018, 5:36 pm »

Thanks for arranging the weather John 8)  - what about the midges?......... :o :-\
We are planning to get to there by Friday evening (25th) - despite the best efforts of my work to keep me very busy right until the last moment ::)  Looking forward to it guys... :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 6:08 pm by Kim Taylor »

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2018, 3:49 pm »

Two days to go and the weather is looking a bit dodgy  ;) :D
http://xcweather.co.uk/forecast/inveraray

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2018, 10:25 am »

If you register for the event (see top of this thread) then you can see the other attendees and their comments - looks like about half a dozen wives/partners) - no dogs that I know of though!

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2018, 10:09 am »

How many wives/partners, dogs....ooo that doesn’t sound right, but you know what I mean, are going to be there.
I have 1 wife( very understanding most of the time) 1 dog, large ish, very friendly ( bit like the wife) but also a bit timid of some things ( also a bit like the wife) never realised that the wife and dog are so similar. If any of you tell her what I’ve said, I won’t hesitate to deny it.
We will be there for the first week. Then we are off further north to Loch Carron for another week.
I hope the untested Kermit is okay...

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2018, 10:26 pm »

Standing stone update (last upload GPS and KML files are still OK - the attached text file now includes directions!)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:54 pm by John Robertson »