« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2017, 12:37 am »

Ross
She did you proud when we went from Uphill to the Wrecks and back with you and Lee aboard and video to prove it do not think new owner will be disappointed 👍

« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2017, 11:50 pm »

More space in the barn but sad to see her go - a lot of work and money over the years and very little use.  I hope her new owner gets all the cushion time I never managed !

« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2017, 5:46 pm »

Congrats Ross.  ;)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2017, 6:09 pm »

Now sold.  Mixed feelings and sad to see her go but she is off to a good home and should remain in the club.  I'll let the new owner introduce himself, if he wishes,  in due course.

If anyone would like to participate in a training course can you pm me please.  We did not had sufficient take up to do one last year but with various craft changing hands perhaps we should have a couple of days going round the cones and up the river !

« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2017, 11:53 pm »

Cambria is still available for sale.  I'm open to sensible offers as we have a new toy and I'm told something has to go :-(

« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2016, 9:27 pm »

http://nanaimo.craigslist.ca/boa/5764291459.html

Looks like Cambria is bargain of the century !  Rated for 4 PASSENGERS  on water according to the spiel....  mmmmm ?

« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2016, 10:51 pm »

Sevtec Vanguard hovercraft  'Cambria'
14 foot long   2  seat for inshore and sheltered coastal water cruising .  4 seat for inland and shore use.

This is a complete package.  All you need are lifejackets, seats  if required and loose personal kit like paddles, flares etc.

CRAFT

Cambria is a Sevtec Vanguard hovercraft made from foam core GRP with wooden formers, fully galvanised steelwork , foam filled buoyancy tanks and a two compartment bag skirt with brake system and triple rudders. She can seat 4 people for inland use and accommodate two people and equipment for marine use. She is fuel efficient and one of the quietest small hovercraft I have seen.

She has been the subject of a full rebuild ,  stripped to individual components,  and then completely re-engineered  with upgrades and additions based on my experience of operation in the Bristol Channel.  I've been putting off selling her  but she isn't getting much use and is taking storage space.

She is a stable,  manoeuvrable  with  excellent flotation , ideal for cruising, exploring or just enjoying a roomy and comfortable hovercraft.  She is  amazingly dry when over hump speed and will turn on her axis at low speed. A very forgiving and stable hovercraft with high freeboard and lots of storage space.  The full length cockpit would sleep two if you want to go camping. There is a handy dashboard area for dry storage and kit and the windscreen and side screens give a comfortable out of the wind driving position with the added bonus of a working wash/wipe. 

Reinforced tow and lift points with stainless steel hull plates. Repainted and finished in high visibility colours for coastal use.  Very effective bow skirt brake and anti plough system.

Wheel steering. Triple rudders.  Marine single lever throttle with safety lock for static lift and low idle.  Skirt in good condition.

TECHNICAL

22bhp V twin Briggs Vanguard engine. Direct drive lift and mule drive thrust propeller. Speed approx 24 mph cruising.   10 hours use from full service including sea trials. Engine has about 60 hours total ( not guaranteed but believed correct !).   

She has been completely rewired, reengineered and rebuilt regardless of cost, including greatly increased internal flotation, fully re-welded and galvanised steelwork , additional steel mesh safety guards on thrust duct, new prop bearings, reinforced deck and hull, skirt wear flaps fitted.   Fully serviced engine with full waterproofing, galvanised exhaust and ultra quiet muffler. Electric start with manual facility. Stainless steel fixings. 5 gallon fuel tank with new fuel pump and lines. 

Various 12volt power off takes incl waterproof sockets, volt meter and rev/hour counter, master power switch. Ignition key start.  All wiring and engine  waterproofed for coastal operation.

OTHER FEATURES

Glass  windscreen with aluminium frame and  electric wash and wipe, new fully automatic  or manual over ride bilge pump,  beacon, new VHF/DSC Cobra radio and coupled Garmin GPS., VHF aerial. Heated front screen ( not wired in ). 

Dry stored and washed down/corrosion proofed after every trip.

SSSR and MMSI registered ( you will need to transfer these ).
Full plans for original craft and skirt included together with builder's instructional DVDs.

TRAILER.

Hover on/off braked trailer with marine ply deck. Fully serviced with good bearings and tyre tread.  Drop down ramp with automatic drop down supports, spare wheel and hand winch.   Brakes and handbrake & jockey wheel in working order.  New full width specially built light board. New 50mm coupling.  Based on a 1 ton 'ALKO' caravan chassis with bolt on sub frame added.  This is a fully engineered conversion, very strong and picking up on the caravan mounting points. Its not a bodge job !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p9QLY-XJh0
This is a YouTube video showing her in action in the Bristol Channel  ( November 2015 )- external and onboard video in second half of the film.

NEW PRICE :

£ 4800.00 ono.  or will sell craft without trailer and accessories.
email contact :  ross@mvbalmoral.com     or pm via the club website.

This is a great deal of craft and kit for the money !