Re: Severn Cruising
« Reply #150 on: Jan 19, 2020, 8:16 pm »
Been a bit quiet on my cruising blog recently, there's sill been plenty of cruising going on just not had time to post about it.

This weekend was seriously good hovering weather, sadly I wasn't able to set off for an epic cruise due to Ruth having a broken leg (ouch) but did get a couple of trips out. Saturday Paul turned up with his Marlin, we decided to go upstream to see how the flooding was going. As usual, up to the wier at Maisemore and then turn around. Not this time though - the wier was completely drowned by the swollen river, so we headed up over the "interesting" rapids that had taken its place and continued up the river.

After a few miles, we rounded a bend and spied a pub - quick U turn later and we were parked on thier lawn! Normally there is a landing stage here, but it too was drowned forcing the landing. The whole pub came out to greet thier unusual visitors, resulting in an hours hover-nerding with (of course) an accompanying pint of superb ale. Its times like this that I love hovercrafting! Tha landlords daughter was very keen to "have a go" so was soon seated in the craft with her Dad - definitely a potential hover-recruit there!

Today was another great day, forcing a second trip this time downstream. The sunset was as usual spectacular:

« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2020, 10:20 pm by Ian Brooks »
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #151 on: Jan 21, 2020, 7:54 am »
Great photos Ian. Really was a spectacular day on the river and chancing upon a pub topped it off beautifully! I have yet to go through the video I shot but will see what I got and post an edited version before too long.

Cheers

Paul
Paul H
Herefordshire (i.e. a loooong way from the coast...) 🤔

« Reply #152 on: Jan 21, 2020, 4:12 pm »
Love to meet up with you guys soon and start to explore the Severn and Wye,

« Reply #153 on: Jan 21, 2020, 6:20 pm »
Sounds good.
Where are you based?
What craft?
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #154 on: Jan 23, 2020, 5:45 pm »
Love to meet up with you guys soon and start to explore the Severn and Wye,

We’ll sort something out soon. You’re at Lydney if I remember correctly?
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #155 on: Jan 24, 2020, 6:11 pm »
We’ll sort something out soon. You’re at Lydney if I remember correctly?

Count me in  :D

Cheers

Paul
Paul H
Herefordshire (i.e. a loooong way from the coast...) 🤔