« Reply #159 on: Apr 26, 2020, 9:29 pm »

Found my photo taken on the way home from the 2008 Severn cruise, maybe it's time to get over there again :)

« Reply #158 on: Apr 26, 2020, 9:21 pm »

Yep - we probably should do another Treasure Hunt, they were a superb weekend and it's been some time now.  I could do a good Severn History hunt as well.

You'd be welcome to launch from my place once the lockdown is over - you just need lifting tackle for the craft as I crane them in, due to the horribly steep bank up at my end of the river 

Ian
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #157 on: Apr 26, 2020, 5:34 pm »

Just to say once lockdown is over I'm also keen on any cruising on the Severn.  Really miss the Severn Treasure Hunt, I think it has to have been one of my favourite Hovercraft related events!  Also would be keen to explore the Wye.

« Reply #156 on: Jan 24, 2020, 6:11 pm »

We’ll sort something out soon. You’re at Lydney if I remember correctly?

Count me in  :D

Cheers

Paul
Paul H
Herefordshire (i.e. a loooong way from the coast...) 🤔

« Reply #155 on: Jan 23, 2020, 5:45 pm »

Love to meet up with you guys soon and start to explore the Severn and Wye,

We’ll sort something out soon. You’re at Lydney if I remember correctly?
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #154 on: Jan 21, 2020, 6:20 pm »

Sounds good.
Where are you based?
What craft?
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #153 on: Jan 21, 2020, 4:12 pm »

Love to meet up with you guys soon and start to explore the Severn and Wye,

« Reply #152 on: Jan 21, 2020, 7:54 am »

Great photos Ian. Really was a spectacular day on the river and chancing upon a pub topped it off beautifully! I have yet to go through the video I shot but will see what I got and post an edited version before too long.

Cheers

Paul
Paul H
Herefordshire (i.e. a loooong way from the coast...) 🤔

« Reply #151 on: Jan 19, 2020, 8:16 pm »

Been a bit quiet on my cruising blog recently, there's sill been plenty of cruising going on just not had time to post about it.

This weekend was seriously good hovering weather, sadly I wasn't able to set off for an epic cruise due to Ruth having a broken leg (ouch) but did get a couple of trips out. Saturday Paul turned up with his Marlin, we decided to go upstream to see how the flooding was going. As usual, up to the wier at Maisemore and then turn around. Not this time though - the wier was completely drowned by the swollen river, so we headed up over the "interesting" rapids that had taken its place and continued up the river.

After a few miles, we rounded a bend and spied a pub - quick U turn later and we were parked on thier lawn! Normally there is a landing stage here, but it too was drowned forcing the landing. The whole pub came out to greet thier unusual visitors, resulting in an hours hover-nerding with (of course) an accompanying pint of superb ale. Its times like this that I love hovercrafting! Tha landlords daughter was very keen to "have a go" so was soon seated in the craft with her Dad - definitely a potential hover-recruit there!

Today was another great day, forcing a second trip this time downstream. The sunset was as usual spectacular:

« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2020, 10:20 pm by Ian Brooks »
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #150 on: Aug 28, 2019, 6:11 pm »

Ian, SOME ONE has to have pleasure, and we are glad it was you---------- ;)

« Reply #149 on: Aug 27, 2019, 10:04 pm »

Great weather on the Severn this weekend, resulting in much hovering despite the previously mentioned "issue" with the crank sensor.

First hover was Friday after work - ostensibly to check things out prior to taking out the lucky hover trip winners from the local village fete. Just a quick run out and back, about 10 or twelve miles, all without incident.

Next was Saturday morning, nice and early. I put the craft in the water ready for the hover trippers, got them all life-jacketed and safety briefed, and sat in the craft. Which would not start - but that story is already told, so I won't go over previous embarrasment. Anyway, the craft was fixed by lunchtime which of course required a suitable extended testing just to be sure all was OK for the hover winners.

Sunday morning my trippers arrived for the re-run, I already had the craft in the water and all checked out. Everyone was very pleased when the engine jumped into life to a big cheer from the young man and his grandma who where going out. We had a good trip of about an hour, then my young guest had to dissappear to football club or some such worthy thing! But his Dad had turned up and was keen for a run out as well, doesn't take much to persuade me so out we went for a couple more hours :)

Monday we had visitors so no hovering allowed - until said visitors decided that a hovercraft run would be fun, so that was a couple more trips out just to round off the weekend.

The classic weather continued today, sadly I had to go to work  :(  Still, plenty of hovering was had so all good  ;D
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #148 on: Jul 30, 2019, 7:12 pm »

Obviously Eric you've SEEN my legs. :o

« Reply #147 on: Jul 30, 2019, 2:52 am »

" Death on a Stick ".   Australian Observer.

« Reply #146 on: Jul 29, 2019, 2:27 pm »

Remarkable cure for the constipation that stalks the elderly.  :'(
Im SURE Ian thinks its normal to hover about 48 feet above the water- but I fail to get used to it.  :o
Kim (the man at the back with "greying temples" can be seen on winch button duty,
and Ians legs can be seen jutting awkwardly out from UNDER hus craft rear skirtal zone.
My craft is "out of shot", mainly because  my legs jut awkwardly out of the TOP of my craft.
A Severn Hoverfest all in one photo.  ;)
Shirley- THIS is photo of the month?

Selected unsolicited reviews---------

" Timed to perfection" ---- Sunday Express Photo society
" A joy to behold"--------- Modern Photography in the flesh.
« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2019, 2:39 pm by Nick Flint »

« Reply #145 on: Jul 29, 2019, 2:23 pm »

Novel Midnight pose.  ::)