Scottish Hoverin 2016

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down   Started by webadmin. Read 9873 times. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2016: May 21, 2016 - Jun 04, 2016Please login or register to sign up for this event.

Offline John Robertson

• Club Member
    • My personal hover-website
Just like to say thanks to all who attended this event this year.  I think I'm pretty safe in saying that it was probably the best 2 weeks hovering it's possible to have  ;D - low to non-existent winds, sunshine, 99% flat water and blue skies every day (and NO rain whatsoever - even at night, which is unheard of in this area!).

New places explored (got as far as Carradale more half way down the Mull of Kintyre), some nice beer drunk (including some stuff from the Oystercatcher which turned out to be 7.7%  ??? - resulting in a small "rest" on a beach around the corner!).
Reply #75 Jun 05, 2016, 8:49 pm

Offline Nick Flint

• Club Member
Nice one John. A stitch in thyme saves a mountain. Well done sir. 👍🏼‼️
Reply #76 Jun 05, 2016, 9:02 pm
"Capn" FLINT

Offline Ian Brooks

• Club Family Member
I'd like to second that, but most of all to thank John for organising things and inviting us up to share "his" loch!

Here's the route for the Carradale rune - about 120 miles in a day including the detours!

Reply #77 Jun 05, 2016, 9:15 pm
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

Offline Dave Munday

• Club Member
I would also like to thank John and the lads for a great week of Hovering and fun, Donna was a little apprehensive about about hovering before going, but had the time of her life, even thou I ejected her from the craft ( Sudden sideways stop on the beach) then having a fuel related breakdown, bobbing about until help arrived from John and Ian. I've learnt and experienced a lot this week, a big thanks to all those who were there.
Reply #78 Jun 05, 2016, 10:39 pm

Offline Steve Holland

• Club Member
I completely share everyone's sentiments on this Hoverin. It was good catching up with everyone who atteneded. Stopping on new landing sites as well as old added interest.  The Oystercatcher menu is as good as ever.

As I mentioned earlier the Carradale trip was a highlight for me and for some of the people who appeared from the site behind the beach also ! During one of the trips John suggested a circumnavigation around Arran which in conditions we saw could easily have been done.

Most people travelled long distances to get there, it was worth every mile travelled and more.  Looking forward to the videos and the next trip out :)

Reply #79 Jun 06, 2016, 8:25 am
There's no such thing as bad weather, your just wearing the wrong jacket!!

Offline Kim Taylor

• Club Member
I want to add my thanks for a truly memorable Hoverin too please  8) . It's all been said here already so I won't labour the point - it was simply awesome!!! Sadly we could only do the first week so sorry to miss Ian, Trevor, Dave and Donna :-[ .
Reply #80 Jun 06, 2016, 10:23 am

Offline Nick Flint

• Club Member
Fyne Reprobates!
Reply #81 Jun 06, 2016, 8:28 pm
"Capn" FLINT

Offline Nick Flint

• Club Member
Two feet which needed cooling down!
Reply #82 Jun 06, 2016, 8:32 pm
"Capn" FLINT

Offline Nick Flint

• Club Member
Better?
Reply #83 Jun 06, 2016, 8:37 pm
"Capn" FLINT

Offline John Robertson

• Club Member
    • My personal hover-website
I've posted the best pics I've got to the Gallery - click HERE to view them.
Reply #84 Jun 06, 2016, 9:54 pm

Offline dean finnigan

• Club Member
So glad you guys had a great couple of weeks hope the rest of the summer weather is as good
Reply #85 Jun 06, 2016, 11:25 pm

Offline Gaz

• Club Member
  • Cruising around Cornwall
    • My PAT Testing website
It's always refreshing to hear that "good" weather and "good" times were had by all, however it would appear that using the word "good" to describe this Hoverin would be an understatement...

Please replace "good" with the adjective of you choice;
  • Fantastic
  • Exceptional
  • Incomparable
  • Extraordinary
  • Amazing

I cant help being a little sad that yet again I was unable to be a part of such wonderful times but happy as heck that it was such a resounding success.
Reply #86 Jun 07, 2016, 7:39 am
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

Offline Warby

• Club Member
Great pictures JR, such unusual calm weather for Scotland, when I was up there two weeks before it was blue skies but rather windy and most of the exposed lochs had "white horses"
Warby
Reply #87 Jun 07, 2016, 9:53 am

Offline Nick Flint

• Club Member
Kim watching my tail!
Reply #88 Jun 07, 2016, 12:12 pm
"Capn" FLINT

Offline Nick Flint

• Club Member
Lachlan Castle comes into view, with KingFishers prow just visible with the fine spray from the front as I was travelling at 24mph at the time.
At the time, I thought the view was really cool, but only on inspecting the STILL image are you able to perceive JUST how good it was.
Please be aware, that we've had a number of "less than ideal" Loch fynes So--- perhaps it was about time we "gorragudun"---? ;)
Reply #89 Jun 07, 2016, 12:19 pm
"Capn" FLINT