Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2016: May 21, 2016 - Jun 04, 2016Please login or register to sign up for this event.
« Reply #86 on: Jun 06, 2016, 11:25 pm »

So glad you guys had a great couple of weeks hope the rest of the summer weather is as good

« Reply #85 on: Jun 06, 2016, 9:54 pm »

I've posted the best pics I've got to the Gallery - click HERE to view them.

« Reply #84 on: Jun 06, 2016, 8:37 pm »

Better?
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #83 on: Jun 06, 2016, 8:32 pm »

Two feet which needed cooling down!

« Reply #82 on: Jun 06, 2016, 8:28 pm »

Fyne Reprobates!

« Reply #81 on: Jun 06, 2016, 10:23 am »

I want to add my thanks for a truly memorable Hoverin too please  8) . It's all been said here already so I won't labour the point - it was simply awesome!!! Sadly we could only do the first week so sorry to miss Ian, Trevor, Dave and Donna :-[ .

« Reply #80 on: Jun 06, 2016, 8:25 am »

I completely share everyone's sentiments on this Hoverin. It was good catching up with everyone who atteneded. Stopping on new landing sites as well as old added interest.  The Oystercatcher menu is as good as ever.

As I mentioned earlier the Carradale trip was a highlight for me and for some of the people who appeared from the site behind the beach also ! During one of the trips John suggested a circumnavigation around Arran which in conditions we saw could easily have been done.

Most people travelled long distances to get there, it was worth every mile travelled and more.  Looking forward to the videos and the next trip out :)

There's no such thing as bad weather, you're just wearing the wrong jacket!!

« Reply #79 on: Jun 05, 2016, 10:39 pm »

I would also like to thank John and the lads for a great week of Hovering and fun, Donna was a little apprehensive about about hovering before going, but had the time of her life, even thou I ejected her from the craft ( Sudden sideways stop on the beach) then having a fuel related breakdown, bobbing about until help arrived from John and Ian. I've learnt and experienced a lot this week, a big thanks to all those who were there.

« Reply #78 on: Jun 05, 2016, 9:15 pm »

I'd like to second that, but most of all to thank John for organising things and inviting us up to share "his" loch!

Here's the route for the Carradale rune - about 120 miles in a day including the detours!

Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #77 on: Jun 05, 2016, 9:02 pm »

Nice one John. A stitch in thyme saves a mountain. Well done sir. 👍🏼‼️

« Reply #76 on: Jun 05, 2016, 8:49 pm »

Just like to say thanks to all who attended this event this year.  I think I'm pretty safe in saying that it was probably the best 2 weeks hovering it's possible to have  ;D - low to non-existent winds, sunshine, 99% flat water and blue skies every day (and NO rain whatsoever - even at night, which is unheard of in this area!).

New places explored (got as far as Carradale more half way down the Mull of Kintyre), some nice beer drunk (including some stuff from the Oystercatcher which turned out to be 7.7%  ??? - resulting in a small "rest" on a beach around the corner!).

« Reply #75 on: Jun 05, 2016, 8:01 pm »

Today's little cruise involved helping to put out a brush fire on the hillside opposite Furnace!  We spotted some smoke as we came down the loch and the smoke pall got larger and larger very quickly.  Pulled onto shore to discover about an acre of brush was burning rapidly up the hillside in the breeze.  A couple of guys helped and we put it out using feet and some branches torn from trees!  It seems to have been started by some canoeists dropping a ciggy or having a barbecue on the nice soft.dry grass (no significant rain here for nearly a month so everything is very dry).

« Reply #74 on: Jun 05, 2016, 4:43 pm »

Yep that's our wreck
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #73 on: Jun 04, 2016, 10:25 pm »

Hi John, check out this web site: http://www.wessexarch.co.uk/system/files/SAMPHIRE%20Annual%20Report%202015%20small.pdf
Scroll down to page 52, Samphire ID 148 photos here like yours!
Warby

« Reply #72 on: Jun 04, 2016, 7:26 pm »

Carrtiag a Bhruic - just west of Ardno.  There were signs of a settlement in the fields just inland but no quarry (big house nearby but that wouldn't need such a large harbour).