« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 8:48 pm »

incurable i am afraid.
fullumphitus.

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 8:10 pm »

The power is great its just the lack of control when it comes to my throttle hand. More throttle = more grin as Gazza would suggest. I will find the cure........... ;)

Kip

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 7:23 pm »

Ah thanks for bringing that point up. Kip is right!!!.  Do you mean, More thrust than sense ?

You can't hit me as I am too old!!.

Great Grandad,  Kip

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 7:16 pm »

i agree with Bryan more hp the bigger the grin.
my bbv isn't finished yet and i grin ever time i see it.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 6:33 pm »

Ah thanks for bringing that point up. Kip is right!!!. On the Mirage GP the flap transformed the craft making it very stable at high speed. This was because of the fan having a low CG and an elevator. It also had the lift driven through a drive shaft with the motor set back towards the driver.
However this has become a challenge on the TS3. This craft has a huge amount of weight right on the nose and a thrust fan which is very high. With 300lbs of thrust it is hard to counter the forces which will push the nose down when the throttle is applied to vigorously. With a 35hp + 150lbs of thrust this wouldn,t be an issue!!!!. Work is in progress and i hope to have the cure fitted for Scotland. Long live the 100hp i will not yield to that lifeless 35hp.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 9:36 pm »

more thrust than sense. :P

Kip
;D ;D

Kip

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 9:20 pm »

Grateful thanks Ian and Bryan,

I for one will give it a go. I hope others follow and that maybe we have cracked the only negative aspect of these wonderful machines.

Ah , one thing,  Is there a money back guarantee by any chance, only I have heard that if you are stupid enough and have more thrust than sense it is just possible that you may still plough in. :P

Kip

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 9:24 pm »

This article describes the theory behind the ploughin. There is also a sister here article describing how to make and fit an anti-plough flap for a typical segment skirted craft.

Ian

Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK