« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2009, 1:06 am »

I was just thinking the chappy selling the Osprey might not have a pc and not realise you do not get a free ad on the world wide web site that reaches anyone looking to buy a new toy.
The mag has a member only distribution and will not genarate any new members as you need to be a member to buy this one .
Which means its not really a very good place to advertise from a big audience point of view,if someone goes to the bother of placing a ad in the mag why dont they get a free ad on the club site?
genarating new members is what the club likes isint it
Trev

« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2009, 11:51 pm »

With respect back Kip
Brian R, Brian W and myself have all had very costly repair bills due to these engines and there headgasket blowing capabilities also all craft were fitted with the osprey cooling system you speak off when the problems happened. I know the down falls of fitting a engine that needs to rev to 4500rpm to get 1st lift, my craft was one of them the operating rpm was 4000 to 5500 rpm and would fall of hump if the rpm fell below this limit thats why I started to experiment with different fan setups and modifcations to the plenum,air feed holes and a few other things.
I am now happy the way my Osprey 5 goes and find it meets my needs it now lifts at 3000rpm and this has taken a lot of stress of the engine.
I am not trying to put people off buying one, just pointing out you really need to check the thing out properly before anyone hands over the cash.
Remember 3 years ago 2 osprey 5s were up for sale on apollo duck ,the asking price for 1 was £22500.00 and the other was £20000.00 and it blew the head gasket in 10 min`s at the training day in front of the trainers.
£8750 seems like a good price if the engine is upto the job for the 5 in this months mag,
I dont try to pull the wool over anyones eyes because I am not a sheep

Trev

« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2009, 7:25 pm »

Just noticed a Osprey 5 for sale in this months club mag.
Its a white and red one and the seller wants just under 9k for it.
Remember and try before you buy because the peugeot engines in these craft blow head gaskets if the engine is worn or suspect

« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2009, 6:54 pm »

Hi
osprey 5s, well there ar not many going around I have the white and blue one you may have seen on youtube and only know of one other member in the club with one in use. I find it to be a good craft but I have had problems in the past ,had to do a lot of work to get it to perform the way it does now.
You may not like the way the sev`s look but from what I have seen they perform well in the rougher conditions that you will come across while out on a long range cruise on the sea.
the flying fish are not big enough for me to get all the gear in plus passengers and extra fuel but that depends on what type of cruising you want to do. long range sea cruising with passemgers or mucking about not far from the launch site

Trev